is there a laundry room on Getaway??

donegal rose

On 9/19/2022 at 8:09 PM, ChiefMateJRK said:

I've been told that this is impossible (B2B under one reservation number).  Who/how did you book this?

They’ve done this many times. My “Personal Cruise Consultant” at NCL did it. My last NCL cruise the same thing but and that was years ago. Actually, they always automatically did it that way, it wasn’t something I requested.  The website doesn’t seem to handle it well and I have to call to sign up for packages. But, my invoices and confirmations are all correct. If I remember when I get home next week, I will upload a PDF to show how they handle the back to back on the amenities invoice. It wasn’t clear the first time I saw the invoice. It is not like I had two reservations joined together, they just booked it this way from the beginning. Also, with other cruise lines, the b to b was actually always a charter coupled with a non-charter, so naturally, it wouldn’t have happened on another line. So, I only know about NCL in this regard. Every back to back I have done on NCL shows on my confirmation as one long cruise. 

6 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

I thought I previously read on longer cruises you get 2 bags per person, did I imagine this?

That's been my experience, but I don't think it's officially stated anywhere and I've not seen a precise definition of "longer". 

We actually have gotten three bags each on cruises that were about three weeks long, which makes sense.

• 8 months later...
On 9/15/2022 at 11:36 AM, nudistcruzer said:

I'm on back to back cruises under the same booking number, I assume I get 2 free bags for the 20 days. If not let me know and I will cancel the cruise and have it booked as two separate 10 day cruises, with two booking numbers.

You might want to do that anyway for the specialty dining benefit. We get 3 on a 21-day cruise. You would get 4 on two 10-day cruises.

4 minutes ago, RB9643 said:

You might want to do that anyway for the specialty dining benefit. We get 3 on a 21-day cruise. You would get 4 on two 10-day cruises.

Actually, I get six. See the attached "amenity invoice". Notice the Quantity column every line item shows quantity two. I paid for the all-in-one upgrade to premium. I was not able to book this online, the online system can't handle a back to back cruise booked as one booking. All the prices for upgrades are doubled. Even the amount due on the website is incorrect.  I have a studio cabin. Had I only booked 10 days I would have gotten 3 with my upgrade.

AMENITY INVOICE copy_Redacted.pdf

25 minutes ago, nudistcruzer said:

Actually, I get six.

I apologize. For some reason I can't explain, I thought you were a solo, which would only get you 3.

My bad.

1 minute ago, RB9643 said:

I apologize. For some reason I can't explain, I thought you were a solo, which would only get you 3.

My bad.

I am single in a single cabin. I get 1 per each 10 days standard, then with the premium upgrade I get an additional 2 per week making a total of 6. If I was in a balcony cabin solo, I would get 4 per week making a total of 8 for all 20 days. If I was on two 7 day back to back cruises. I would get the same 6. If I was on 3 7-day back to back cruises making 21 days I would get 3 per week including the "FAS Plus" upgrade totaling 9 dinners in the 21 days. Balcony cabins get an additional 1 dinner per person per week under the standard "specialty dining package". On the invoice below, the quantity 2 pertains to the two cruises not to two people. As a solo I get 6 meals which is the standard 2 plus the additional 4 from the paid  "FAS Plus" upgrade. Again, If it was 21 days, It would be 3 per person plus an additional 6 from the paid  "FAS Plus" upgrade. Also, if I as a solo booked a balcony cabin for 21 days with the FAS Plus Upgrade I would get a total of 12.

Again, with back to back cruises under the same reservation, all upgrades need to be booked over the phone and the amenity invoice always looks screwy because of the quantity. The only disadvantages of having a back to back booked under one reservation is having to book upgrades, including the vibe sun deck, over the phone and not online and having the invoices look screwy and the total due on the web-site is always wrong.

AMENITY INVOICE copy_Redacted.pdf

1 hour ago, nudistcruzer said:

On the invoice below, the quantity 2 pertains to the two cruises not to two people.

Ok. I would just make certain that your assumptions are correct. I'm not familiar with solo cruising.

Just now, RB9643 said:

Ok. I would just make certain that your assumptions are correct. I'm not familiar with solo cruising.

I have, also, studio cabins have a maximum of one person. I certainly would not want to pay double for the same 3 meals. Because the price I paid was twice what the 10 day was for the upgrade. As was the Vibe Beach Club Twice what the 10 day price would have been. 

6 minutes ago, nudistcruzer said:

I have, also, studio cabins have a maximum of one person. I certainly would not want to pay double for the same 3 meals. Because the price I paid was twice what the 10 day was for the upgrade. As was the Vibe Beach Club Twice what the 10 day price would have been. 

I appreciate someone who's done the research. Rather than, "OMG, am I getting screwed? NCL sucks!"

You know what I mean?