Nov. 12th Dawn out of SJ

goehoe

Everyone is in the same boat, and it is frustrating not to know where we are going, and worrisome since Puerto Rico is in such a bad state...no water, electricity and shortages of gas and food. Every day the news is worse. I'm hoping we hear from NCL in the next two days. Plans need to change, and I for one, am happy to go to any port and share the wealth, but I'm counting on the Red Cross to share my wealth with Puerto Rico and the affected islands.

/crossed fingers and prayers for all who had their lives torn apart.

Edited by Sunnysafari
Typo

I can appreciate everyone's frustration, but put yourself on the other side and think of all the logistics required to change itineraries determine what the status of ports will be in a month and still be pleasant when you are getting hundreds of calls daily.

That is why they should waive there change policy so people don't have to go through this. I asked to be place on the escape which leave the day before from Miami but they just say no and thanks for sailing NCL real shame how they are treating customers

My wife was laid off early this summer, and we decided to cancel our first cruise in about 3 years because while I was sure she would have a new job before then there would be no way she would be able to get time off. Our cruise was scheduled for November (the repo from Boston to San Juan) and we had booked a post-cruise hotel and had a great price on airfare. Looking back now, her losing her job was a major stroke of luck on our part. However, I really wanted to get back to St Martin because our prior visit was way too short, and it pains me to see the devastation there as well as other places we were to visit - some for the first time.

consider yourself lucky not to loose 4000 bucks, cruise, pre paid gratuites, airfare, insurance fees.......unless cruise is cancelled travel insurance doesn't pay out, unless it is "any reason insurance" and it only pays 75%. And I'm lucky not to be without water, gas, a job, and food at this time as the islanders are. NCL will be "lucky" for me to book in the future if they don't get on this quickly.

I wouldn't expect any answers before next week -- which is what they told us in the email we received from them last week.

We heard from our PCC and he had no information to share (we didn't expect any), but he did reiterate that more solid plans should be in place next week.

consider yourself lucky not to loose 4000 bucks, cruise, pre paid gratuites, airfare, insurance fees.......unless cruise is cancelled travel insurance doesn't pay out, unless it is "any reason insurance" and it only pays 75%. And I'm lucky not to be without water, gas, a job, and food at this time as the islanders are. NCL will be "lucky" for me to book in the future if they don't get on this quickly.

Hopefully, they will do the right thing. The adventurer of the seas waited a until 3 days before to cancel.

Until the airport can run at capacity, water electric food gas and basic services restored, it will take some time for things to get back to normal. I am flying in on Dec 6, regardless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

they don't care if Puerto Rico is destroyed they won't tell anyone till a week before the cruise what they are doing so that way it is to late for anyone to cancel

NCL DOES care. They were the first cruise line to go to St Thomas to bring supplies and they are also the ONLY cruise line that has brought supplies to San Juan at this point.

There are 20,000 people trying to get out of SJ right now very few planes able to transport people.

I understand how frustrating it can be when you have travel plans and are not getting information right away (I worked for an online travel company on 9/11), but please try to keep things in perspective.

ALL cruise lines are trying to navigate how much damage PR is dealing with and will have to figure out logistics for any cruises that are visiting the area.

The workers don't know much because the decision makers have not been able to make final decisions. And even so, they may have to change them on the fly because the area was devastated.

Have a little patience. I'm sure they are working hard for those who have had to pay for air travel to get to SJ a solution as quickly as possible.

NCL DOES care. They were the first cruise line to go to St Thomas to bring supplies and they are also the ONLY cruise line that has brought supplies to San Juan at this point.

There are 20,000 people trying to get out of SJ right now very few planes able to transport people.

I understand how frustrating it can be when you have travel plans and are not getting information right away (I worked for an online travel company on 9/11), but please try to keep things in perspective.

ALL cruise lines are trying to navigate how much damage PR is dealing with and will have to figure out logistics for any cruises that are visiting the area.

The workers don't know much because the decision makers have not been able to make final decisions. And even so, they may have to change them on the fly because the area was devastated.

Have a little patience. I'm sure they are working hard for those who have had to pay for air travel to get to SJ a solution as quickly as possible.

I completely understand what you are saying, HOWEVER, when the country in question has little to no power, water is at a premium, food is scarce, and the residents, have no idea when relief help is coming, and oh by the way FEMA has said if you are not part of the relief effort please stay away, I think at that time consideration should be made to find a new destination for the ship.

Now call me crazy, but with some crusises coming up on 1 month till sailing, I personally would like to book airfare, however that is not exactly possible until I know where the ship is repoing to.

I dont care where the ship goes, I just want to know where its going to end up at. I dont think thats too much to ask.

Its not like it was a glancing blow, SJPR got the brunt of Marie and the island is by all accounts, a shambles.

Just my .02

Mike

We are scheduled on the Dawn Nov. 12th cruise from SJ also. I have noticed under the check-in documentation and preparing for your cruise that they have now added several more excursions to the list for a total of 79 all for the original cruise, since I have not seen any changes to the cruise itinerary. Just thought I would add this to the thread.

This is totally unreal........The white shirts should get off their butts, too put it mildly, and get this mess changed and notify the clients. What part of devastation don't they get? None of us want to fly into SJ in the condition it will be in for months to come ,& none of us want to suck up the supplies being brought in for the PR people and USVI. All we are asking for is a new boarding port and to be notified to change airfare !!!! Keep the revenue, just get a new port plan in place, please. UNREAL.....

I so agree! I am on the Nov 3rd repo. I DONT CARE WHAT PORTS WE STOP AT. I have been everywhere in the Caribbean multiple times. i only care where we end up. NCL is making it impossible to have a plan B in place. I have friends flying in from Germany who may have to change their international flights. Many hotels in San Juan are now saying they may not be open for business until mid to late November. I get in to San Juan on the 12th.

As another poster said, they will not let me move my reservation to another sailing a couple of weeks after mine. That is just stupid. They would still have me as a passenger, just on another sailing that happens to have an empty cabin! GEEZ

one reason i'm so aggravated is that Florida sailings, most, have been notified of itinerary change to Western. Even through DECEMBER, and this ONE ship out of PR, isn't getting "jack" yet. I was emailed over two and half weeks ago by agent ports are changing from St. T. and St. Maart. , duh, no kidding, but have gotten nothing else. Agent can't get them to tell her a thing either. Perhaps other lines have taken spaces for imbarkation ports in Fla. and NCL is having issues finding one. IF So, please just refund, cancel, or allow us to rebook. I'm NOT being unreasonable. The ships and ports are there to sail to at some point. I have a deadline with airline to rebook or loose our fare......

Appreciate the post, boards, cruisecritic.com/show. However, if it's so grand in old san juan why are 100,000 in line to come to Florida??? I know they need our tourism $,but until i don't see a mass exodus from their own island , i'm not wanting to go into the hurricane relief environment right now, unless i'm there to help them. Nor should be expected to by a multi million $$ cruise ship industry. I just don't believe it's ready for visitors when on FOX New, Gerado is asking "no visitors now" as of this morning. Hoping they get the needed help and it the area CAN take visitors asap but just not seeing it anytime within the next 3-4 months. Hope i'm totally wrong for their sake.

one reason i'm so aggravated is that Florida sailings, most, have been notified of itinerary change to Western. Even through DECEMBER, and this ONE ship out of PR, isn't getting "jack" yet. I was emailed over two and half weeks ago by agent ports are changing from St. T. and St. Maart. , duh, no kidding, but have gotten nothing else. Agent can't get them to tell her a thing either. Perhaps other lines have taken spaces for imbarkation ports in Fla. and NCL is having issues finding one. IF So, please just refund, cancel, or allow us to rebook. I'm NOT being unreasonable. The ships and ports are there to sail to at some point. I have a deadline with airline to rebook or loose our fare......

Completely agree they just don't care I call them everyday and they just give you the same ****. It is ridicoulous that they have one ship leaving there and can't make a decision