Sign and sail card

CENT

I was on the Valor in August and this is the way we got our cards. It was great not having that line at checkin. And I had my first drink in my hand before I even made it to the elevator to go to lido upon boarding! Just used my boarding pass. Cards were in the mailbox when we went to our cabin at 1:30.

The only thing I worry about with this system is that someone could take your card out of your mailbox and go on a spending spree (would be in the bars since nothing is open on Embarkation Day until much later) or use some or all of your 15 drinks that day is you have the Cheers Program. Does anyone know if this has happened and/or is a problem?

The only thing I worry about with this system is that someone could take your card out of your mailbox and go on a spending spree (would be in the bars since nothing is open on Embarkation Day until much later) or use some or all of your 15 drinks that day is you have the Cheers Program. Does anyone know if this has happened and/or is a problem?

Has not happened, not going to. They aren’t going to go on a spending spree. Your picture pops up when they swipe your card. If it’s missing, go to the Diamond/Platinum/FTTF line to report it. They will deactivate your card, issue you a new one and remove any erroneous charges. At that point I’m sure they can pull the security footage from where your card was used and find the culprit. It’s a ship so there’s nowhere to hide.

Has not happened, not going to. Your picture pops up when they swipe your card.

I have seen this said many times on this subject. I'm only quoting you because you were the last one to say it. Nothing personal at all.

The flaw there is that if you order a drink from one of the roving bar servers, they take your folio number or whatever it is on the boarding pass, then take your order to a bar. The bar tender makes the drink and enters the info. The bar tender hasn't seen your face to compare it to the one that pops up on the screen nor has the server who knows what you look like seen what pops up.

I have given my folio number to buy a drink for someone else too. So that theory doesn't always hold true.

I'm pretty sure that it has never happened and hopefully it never will.

Again, I'm not singling you out. Just another thought on the subject.

Here's why this will be a rare occurrence...

Your card is not just sitting in your mailbox, your room steward or his/her assistants have the envelope it until just before they announce general boarding cabins are to be ready or when informed that priority status cabin occupants are dinged onto the ship. Supposedly they are also not to put the card out until they receive noticed that at least 1 member of your cabin have boarded, if arriving after the cabins open for occupancy.

Not only was this implemented to speed up the in terminal check-in process, but it is also to prevent the abuse of the immediately available cabin for Platinum+ status, Suite perks, and FttF passengers. Hopefully leaving the passages emptier making turn over day work smoother.

I have seen this said many times on this subject. I'm only quoting you because you were the last one to say it. Nothing personal at all.

The flaw there is that if you order a drink from one of the roving bar servers, they take your folio number or whatever it is on the boarding pass, then take your order to a bar. The bar tender makes the drink and enters the info. The bar tender hasn't seen your face to compare it to the one that pops up on the screen nor has the server who knows what you look like seen what pops up.

I have given my folio number to buy a drink for someone else too. So that theory doesn't always hold true.

I'm pretty sure that it has never happened and hopefully it never will.

Again, I'm not singling you out. Just another thought on the subject.

I understand and agree it has been asked to death and not one person has had it happen. In the off chance that your envelope or card is missing, you go to the Priority GS line and get issued new ones and the charges removed.

I read that on carnival valor your cards are in your mail box at your room .Can anyone tell me that is true? Also if it is how do you get a drink as soon as you step on ship?

I believe Valor started this on July 29th. The most recent list I've seen states the following ships have keyless embarkation now:

Glory, Sensation, Victory, Vista, Splendor, Freedom, Valor, Breeze.

Personally, I don't think Carnival did this to speed up embarkation, but they did it to control when passengers can access cabins on embarkation day. They are trying to keep passengers out of cabins too early. I've seen posts from platinums and diamonds that their keys were not in their mailboxes upon embarkation like they are supposed to be. You will be able to buy a drink as soon as you board. Your photo pops up on their bar screen when you request a drink, so they can ensure it's really you making the purchase. That part is nothing new though.

because people are mostly honest, and cruise guests are probably not a high percentage of thieves. "Paranoia strike deep, into your heart it will creep" CSN

Edited by coevan
spelling