Island Concerns

Zudora

Good afternoon. We are booked on the January 20, 2017 on the Crown out of Fort Lauderdale. We were wondering if there are any updates regarding the port changes. I have read all the Princess updates. Does anyone have any thoughts regarding the port changes? We were wondering if they might divert us to the ABC Islands?

Good afternoon. We are booked on the January 20, 2017 on the Crown out of Fort Lauderdale. We were wondering if there are any updates regarding the port changes. I have read all the Princess updates. Does anyone have any thoughts regarding the port changes? We were wondering if they might divert us to the ABC Islands?

You are on an 8-nighter, only one more night than typical. They cannot sail all the way down there and back in a week unless they have a ton of sea days. If you have checked what Princess does in the Caribbean each season, they have had trips like that, but you get maybe two calls in the week and that is it (I know Regal is only doing three), but just keep in mind they can only head out so far for the time involved and it costs them a lot more in fuel.

It's the 10-day trips in Caribbean that normally get down to the southern islands.

Good luck with your trip.

Is your Caribbean destination still open?

Anyone reschedualing or cancelling a Caribbean cruise this winter due to storm damage

Update from Princess: 9/18/17 Caribbean Ports

Oh, thought from the title it was about Island Princess. My bad...

We're on a 14 day Circle Caribbean in March. If the islands can accept passengers at that time we will spend extra money while ashore to help the economy. If they can't accept cruise ship passengers we will enjoy extra sea days. However it turns out we will have a great cruise. I just wish the folks on the islands could be having as great a time as we will be having.

You are on an 8-nighter, only one more night than typical. They cannot sail all the way down there and back in a week unless they have a ton of sea days. If you have checked what Princess does in the Caribbean each season, they have had trips like that, but you get maybe two calls in the week and that is it (I know Regal is only doing three), but just keep in mind they can only head out so far for the time involved and it costs them a lot more in fuel.

It's the 10-day trips in Caribbean that normally get down to the southern islands.

Actually, Crown Princess is doing an 8-day itinerary to the ABC islands, with 2 sea days each way. Zudora, it looks like you are on the 8-day Eastern itinerary that alternates with that and a 5-day Eastern. I don't know that they would change the 8-day Eastern to a Southern one too, or just substitute ports. I guess you'll just have to wait to see what Princess lets you know.

You are on an 8-nighter, only one more night than typical. They cannot sail all the way down there and back in a week unless they have a ton of sea days.......

I just did an 8 day last fall that went to all three ABCs. That is a normal 8 day cruise, although it is only offered occasionally. There are 3 more sailings this year with the same ports and at least a half dozen next year as well.

Actually, Crown Princess is doing an 8-day itinerary to the ABC islands, with 2 sea days each way. Zudora, it looks like you are on the 8-day Eastern itinerary that alternates with that and a 5-day Eastern. I don't know that they would change the 8-day Eastern to a Southern one too, or just substitute ports. I guess you'll just have to wait to see what Princess lets you know.

Antigua still looks okay...and Amber Cover is still a possibility however St.Thomas and St. Maarten/Martin are very questionable. Perhaps we will be diverted to Grand Cayman. Just don't want to go to Cozumel. We are platinum cruisers with Princess so we are aware of what might happen....Do not want to make our final payment without knowing just where we are going. We have never been diverted and only not been able to port once! We have always been very lucky! We shall see!

We really enjoyed our 8 day to the ABCs on the Caribbean Princess. Was our first on Princess too (of hopefully many, many more to come).

I doubt they will divert all the way to the ABCs though, especially if even a few of your scheduled ports are open.

So, 50-50 split. I should have checked first. They don't tend to do it often - as in regular schedule. And it would cost a lot more fuel if they swapped a lot of trips to that itinerary.

The Crown Princess does an 8-day itinerary to all 3 ABC islands.

I think you have missed your cruise :p

we were on Caribbean princess to ABC islands last Nov, 8 night.

Good afternoon. We are booked on the January 20, 2017 on the Crown out of Fort Lauderdale. We were wondering if there are any updates regarding the port changes. I have read all the Princess updates. Does anyone have any thoughts regarding the port changes? We were wondering if they might divert us to the ABC Islands?[/qu

I honestly think they will try their best to stick to the original ports.....the islands need the business.

We are on the Feb 2 Crown sailing....I figure we have plenty of time

We are booked October 7 Caribbean Circle. We first had St Maarten cancelled after hurricane Irma to St Thomas we now have St Thomas cancelled and they are still saying we are going to San Juan. Not sure why they still are keeping with us going to San Juan, hopefully we will get another change the island is not ready for tourists yet.