2019 Summer Itineraries

descartes1

The summer 2019 itineraries have been released to Venetian members.

Very disappointing. Only the Whisper and Shadow will be sailing in the Med. (The Muse and the Spirit will be in Alaska and Northern Europe).

This is a real bummer. Frankly, I have little interest in sailing on the older ships for a variety of reasons including because (i) much smaller cabins and the same or even higher pricing for equivalent accommodation; (ii) ships are aging and modest refurb isn't terribly appealing to us (the Whisper's issues have been well documented in the press); (iii) fewer restaurant choices; and (iv) they draw an older demographic in my experience (we are around 50 years of age), which is not necessarily a bad thing, but we know on the Spirit there is almost always a decent sized group of people in our age range (whereas on the smaller ships there is less of a likelihood of this).

At least one of the newer ships should be sailing in the Med in the summer.

Also, only ONE single itinerary in July/August has Venetian Society benefits. Really, what is the point of loyalty to this cruise line if you get no benefit during the one time of the year when you can sail?

Last, it appears that they have scaled back doing overnights, which is one thing Silver Sea really does well compared to Seabourn. The only mid-cruise overnights that are offered are in Sorrento (on 3 voyages) and Barcelona (on one voyage). Would definitely prefer to see more overnights, and especially in ports where nightlife is the thing, such as Monte Carlo, San Tropez, Ibiza etc.

I have been an big apologist for Silver Sea on this board and elsewhere over the years, but they keep doing things to push me away.

Apparently some people got an email. I did not, which is weird, because I get emails from them all the time. But the itineraries are supposed to be on the website tomorrow.
Thanks RachelG. For some reason, we don't seem to receive the SS emails even though we've set our preferences to receive them. What is funny is how SS always send them to our child though. Makes no sense.