Do I have to cancel my wedding?!

Petrieeve

This may be a stupid question. But if your 30 wedding guest are going with you on the cruise. What would the problem be in asking Carnival move the wedding t o day two?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Forums mobile app

I was looking into a wedding at sea on Carnival the other day(I am as single as they come... yet a girl can dream). Anyhow from all that I read if the OP really "booked" a wedding with Carnival or any other similar ceremony then the OP would have been working with a wedding coordinator since the time of booking as weddings have to be paid in full upfront; which also meant the logistics and DETAILS have been PLANNED in ADVANCE .

Wedding Ceremony details are on the carnival site; which I read the other day a length... (again dreaming of the day) and there is just so much that has to be discussed with the wedding coordinator prior to sailing this would include the marriage license as the location of the ship would determine where the OP would get the marriage license if a Carnival officiant would perform the ceremony. This post seems rather FISHY in that how would the OP not know what the restrictions are.

On another note I cannot understand why people hide the fact that they've already gotten married. A few family members have done this and word got around before the " real wedding ceremony" and I felt bamboozled. I gladly returned the set of towels I'd purchased for the couple, as I figured since ya already got married then ya already got towels too! lol

I hate to tell you to cancel. I was talking to my family in Puerto Rico and they said that they will not get light for 6 to 8 months. I hope they are wrong.

Not sure what this has to do with a cruise out of Long Beach. :confused:

I think I'm going to barf. I booked a wedding aboard the inspiration in Long Beach for Nov 17. I have already sent invitations, got dresses, tuxes, ext and I just read somewhere that carnival doesn't allow symbolic weddings on embarkation day. We had to get married early due to health insurance issues. I have 30 or so people already booked on the cruise and I can't believe I may have to cancel. Any suggestions?

30 people canceling? That's a lot of lost money and I'm sure those 30 people won't be happy. I think coming clean with your marriage and then treating the cruise as a honeymoon would be an easier sell. Just my opinion.

I didn't read too far ahead, but I issue marriage licenses in NY. You can even get another license from NY (of course paying $40 again) and tell the registrar to check the box "subsequent ceremony" and you will get another marriage certificate as well. It is used for official vow renewals or if there are any potential issues for the original ceremony.

Not related to your situation, but last year I had to do one because the couple didn't get married until a few days after their marriage license expired. I talked to the people at NYS and they said it wasn't my job to determine if the marriage was legal or not and the couple could either let it go, but to be aware there could be trouble in the future if anyone contested their marriage (like if one won the lottery and the other was like, "well, we're not legally married so bug off!" or contesting inheritance.). They opted to get another license and redo it just in case. I told them to file away the 2nd certificate and use their original one as their proof of marriage since that was the date they had wanted as their wedding date. I did joke and tell the guy that he was now on the line to remember two anniversaries, though! LOL .

Well now that you posted it I am sure they will find out and I am guessing you have SOMETHING else going on cause your worried about Insurance

I'm sure they originally got married so that one spouse could be carried on another spouse's insurance policy.

That happened to a family member. The husband has a potentially deadly blood disorder and he was losing his health insurance. He and his now wife got engaged on Thanksgiving. Two and a half weeks later, they married (needed to be married before January 1 for him to go on her policy). A year later, they had a formal renewal ceremony. However, everyone knew they were already married.

I've seen wedding parties in Long beach, meeting with their consultants in the VIFP lounge. Sometimes 2/3. at a time. none In Sept. They bring their wedding outfits, and look so nice. They board with their parties and guests. By the time i've boarded, one of the party rooms has a sign saying "private party." Sometimes the wedding party members stay in board for the full cruise and seem to have a blast.

I don't know about the ceremony itself.