Beverage packages on the rise

Jimmy Geegitz

Which cruise lines raised their prices? I am going on the RC Oasis of the Seas next month and I purchased the package for 30% off the regular price....Carnival has a limit to alcoholic drinks, all other cruise lines don't have any limits, so I can't see Carnival raising their prices.

Which cruise lines raised their prices? I am going on the RC Oasis of the Seas next month and I purchased the package for 30% off the regular price....Carnival has a limit to alcoholic drinks, all other cruise lines don't have any limits, so I can't see Carnival raising their prices.

Princess went to around $69 a day and Norweigan went to $102 per day.

If you already purchased you are locked in at that price. Even if they increase you will keep the price you paid.

Eh, Norwegian's prices are irrelevant to anyone else. They charge those prices because NO ONE pays them. Everyone gets the beverage package 'free' with booking. The condition is you pay the gratuities on the package. So the price people are actually paying is going from $14 pp pd to $16 pp pd. Still a way better deal than cheers - and no 15 drink limit!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Eh, Norwegian's prices are irrelevant to anyone else. They charge those prices because NO ONE pays them. Everyone gets the beverage package 'free' with booking. The condition is you pay the gratuities on the package. So the price people are actually paying is going from $14 pp pd to $16 pp pd. Still a way better deal than cheers - and no 15 drink limit!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Unfortunately they tack on more than the tips. Usually the fare goes up several hundred when you choose to include the beverage package. It's the ole double the price and then take 25% off trick.