My GTY Room Category Changed...?

I plan to call Royal tomorrow but thought I would post.

I booked a balcony gty tonight and it was confirmed as this in my reservation. I was just in my reservation and it says oceanview accessible room gty ? Downgraded from balcony and put in an accessible room? Odd right?

Edited by Host Clarea

The room part is a glitch in the website (shock!!) but your room assignment will be based on what you originally booked

The payment payment is also a glitch, but will probably need correction by RCI. You need to call to get them to fix this part unfortunately.

The price problem happened to me as well. For whatever reason their system likes to delete all the promotions. When you call, they'll give you some excuse as to why it happened (like you were trying to change a name, or room, or whatever) but they'll fix it without issue.

You do have to call though, which is a bother. Just be polite even though it's their fault, politeness makes things smoother!

I plan to call Royal tomorrow but thought I would post.

I booked a balcony gty tonight and it was confirmed as this in my reservation. I was just in my reservation and it says oceanview accessible room gty ? Downgraded from balcony and put in an accessible room? Odd right?

I would not be concered about stateroom type until you have an actual stateroom number assigned, when you will be able to confirm the type by looking at a deck plan.

This happened to me when I was price shopping while logged in! I didn't even go through the final stages of booking the room. I was able to get it called and fixed but the lady on the phone says it happens pretty frequently. I now do my price shopping in a browser I don't normally use that is never logged in to my cruise planner.

The exact same thing happened with my reservation. Don't worry about that part.

I had a GTY balcony booked, and it somehow changed to an Accessible Oceanview GTY.

The next day, I had a room assignment, in a balcony cabin. :D:D

As for the price, I paid in full at booking so no help from me there.

The price problem happened to me as well. For whatever reason their system likes to delete all the promotions. When you call, they'll give you some excuse as to why it happened (like you were trying to change a name, or room, or whatever) but they'll fix it without issue.

You do have to call though, which is a bother. Just be polite even though it's their fault, politeness makes things smoother!

I was making dining reservations and my total changed from $1800 to $2700. My PVP had to contact resolutions.

Good luck, OP!