Embark and Disembark time

HELENPSL

Just printed my boarding pass for our cruise leaving Nov. 15, 2017. I noticed that it shows an "embark time" of 1PM and a "disembark time" of 7AM. We've done several HAL cruises and I have never seen this on a boarding pass before. We usually get to the port around 11:30AM and have never had an issue. I remember them leaving a form in the cabin so you could fill out your preferred time to disembark. Since we drive to the port (only 1 1/2 hour drive) we usually disembark around 9AM. We just returned from a cruise in March and this info was not on our boarding passes. Is this something new or did I just miss it?

Thanks,

Helen

Ever since we started to cruise on HAL (1996) they always had the embarkation time listed on the documents for 1 PM.

We were always able to check in at 11 AM and boarded the ship around 11:30 unless there were some unforeseen problems.

I like HAL's policy that they started a few years ago -- cabins ready by 11:30 so that you could drop off anything you carried on board and then go to lunch or do whatever you want to do.

Disembarkation -- you will still get the form to complete indicating when you want to disembark. They list the 7 AM time even though the ship will arrive earlier than that. By they expect the officials to arrive at the terminal by that time.

Just indicate what time you want to leave the ship. People who want to carry off their luggage will leave first -- usually starts around 7:15 - 7:30 if there aren't any problems.

Just printed my boarding pass for our cruise leaving Nov. 15, 2017. I noticed that it shows an "embark time" of 1PM and a "disembark time" of 7AM. We've done several HAL cruises and I have never seen this on a boarding pass before. We usually get to the port around 11:30AM and have never had an issue. I remember them leaving a form in the cabin so you could fill out your preferred time to disembark. Since we drive to the port (only 1 1/2 hour drive) we usually disembark around 9AM. We just returned from a cruise in March and this info was not on our boarding passes. Is this something new or did I just miss it?

Thanks,

Helen

Those are standard, generic times they have been putting on the docs for many, many years. I have our docs for a cruise 3 weeks from tomorrow. Says 1pm and 7am.

They seem to want to stagger embark times but really you can go for 11h00 if you want and hope for the best. I've only once had my cabin not ready by 11h45.. ever since then I board with minimal carry-on luggage & just have the nice Mariner embarkation lunch in the MDR, and then go to the stateroom.

I received an e-mail from HAL regarding our Nov 4th NA Cruise.

"Due to a routine Coast Guard Drill requiring participation from all crew members,

check in will begin at 1:00pm.and Embarkation will begin shortly thereafter"

1:00 pm-Deck 7 & 8

1:45 pm-Deck 4 & 10

2:30 pm-Deck 5 & 11

3:15 pm-Deck 6 & 1

We have an SC Guarantee so will not know our boarding time until we get our room #