disembarkation/flight questions

Kicking myself now that I didn't read here before booking our flights! I ASSumed ;) disembarkation would be a huge mess so we should allow plenty of time to get to the airport. So I booked a flight leaving at 3:45pm. We would prefer to get home earlier, so now I'm wondering if I should try to switch flights (still plenty available). The flight time I am looking at is 9am. Is this completely inconceivable or is it not a problem to make a 9am flight on disembarkation day? Otherwise, is there a time that they basically kick everybody off? We can find things to occupy our time in Tampa, but would much rather get home instead. Thanks!!:)

I had a real long post that came to the same conclusion. I have seen people post that they made flights in Ft Lauderdale (and I think the distance from pier to airport is similar) by 10:30 but they told about having to tear through lines, push the cab driver and run through the airport. It just isn't worth it.

Noon is a great rule of thumb for cities (FLL, TPA, SAN) where the airport and pier are not many miles apart, traffic is not horrific and the airport is not chaotic. In LAX, SFO, and MIA I would go more for 1:00 or so.

Think about it. The scheduled arrival for most ships is 7:00 and that's when you should be thinking about being AT the airport for a 9:00 flight.

9 am is far worse! You will be killing yourself to get off the ship, and when things don't happen when you expect, you will risk a coronary! The ship likely will not let you off before 7 or 8am, which gives you an hour to get to get off the ship, go thru customs, wait for your luggage, get to the airport, check in, get thru security and get to the gate..think about it.

Kicking myself now that I didn't read here before booking our flights! I ASSumed ;) disembarkation would be a huge mess so we should allow plenty of time to get to the airport. So I booked a flight leaving at 3:45pm. We would prefer to get home earlier, so now I'm wondering if I should try to switch flights (still plenty available). The flight time I am looking at is 9am. Is this completely inconceivable or is it not a problem to make a 9am flight on disembarkation day? Otherwise, is there a time that they basically kick everybody off? We can find things to occupy our time in Tampa, but would much rather get home instead. Thanks!!:)

I would keep the later flight. I disembarked from the voyager this past Saturday and there was a problem with customs or so they said. We barely made our 1:40 flight. They had the colors sectioned into 4 sections for disembarkation and we were the middle of the 2nd session. I wouldn't book an early flight.

No one on these boards has ever even hinted that a 9 am flight could be made. If something goes wrong with customs, you won't even be off the ship by 10 or 11. Your flight is fine and you wont worry about missing it.

Archived