Newark Airport Hotels - Do any provide shuttles to Bayonne cruise ships

ILOVESHIPS

Do any Newark airport hotels provide a shuttle to the Cruise ships in Bayonne

:)

DWI and I stayed at the Ramada Inn Newark Airport before our recent TA on the Vision.

They had a shuttle to and from the airport ,the cruise terminal and for an additional cost a shuttle to New York.

You must sign up for the shuttle to the cruise port when you check in.

Do any Newark airport hotels provide a shuttle to the Cruise ships in Bayonne

:)

Hi John & Diane,

I see that you are also on the Freedom TA. Hoping to connect on the cruise (my cabin number is on the spreadsheet) so I can answer any questions you might have about Cape Liberty.

There are basically 3 hotels that we recommend at EWR that have a port shuttle - Embassy Suites, Country Inns, and the Ramada through trinityreservations.com. For your Nov 24 date Trinity has the best price at $175 tax included. Embassy suites has a room at about $170 tax included plus $20/pp shuttle each way for a total of about $250. Country Inns will be a bit more than ES when you add the shuttle cost of $17.50/pp each way.

I have used the trinity package and was very happy with it. The only disadvantage is that you are limited to the hotel for food unless you want to walk next door to the Doubletree. ES is next to Jersey Gardens Mall where the food choices are Ruby Tuesdays, IHOP, Applebees, Johnny Rockets, and a food court.

Hi John & Diane,

I see that you are also on the Freedom TA. Hoping to connect on the cruise (my cabin number is on the spreadsheet) so I can answer any questions you might have about Cape Liberty.

There are basically 3 hotels that we recommend at EWR that have a port shuttle - Embassy Suites, Country Inns, and the Ramada through trinityreservations.com. For your Nov 24 date Trinity has the best price at $175 tax included. Embassy suites has a room at about $170 tax included plus $20/pp shuttle each way for a total of about $250. Country Inns will be a bit more than ES when you add the shuttle cost of $17.50/pp each way.

I have used the trinity package and was very happy with it. The only disadvantage is that you are limited to the hotel for food unless you want to walk next door to the Doubletree. ES is next to Jersey Gardens Mall where the food choices are Ruby Tuesdays, IHOP, Applebees, Johnny Rockets, and a food court.

How is the food in the Ramada resto?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How is the food in the Ramada resto?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I didn't eat at the restaurant. However, the reviews are ok - https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g46671-d4713299-Reviews-Ted_s-Newark_New_Jersey.html#REVIEWS. There is a picture of the menu which you can enlarge.

There is also a fairly extensive Cafe option in the lobby outside the restaurant.

The reality at Newark Airport hotels is that you are lucky to have any kind of decent food service available unless you want to choose among Ruby Tuesdays, IHOP, Applebee's, Johnny Rockets, and the mall food court for "gourmet" dining.

Just stayed at the Embassy Suites. Excellent hotel, actual 2 room suite. Their restaurant was open to 10pm, prices reasonable, waitress accomodated my special diet needs. Their free breakfast was extensive. When I arrived I signed up for shuttle, $20 per person was added to room. Shuttle was efficient. I know they have park and cruise packages because folks on shuttle had done that.

Just stayed at the Embassy Suites. Excellent hotel, actual 2 room suite. Their restaurant was open to 10pm, prices reasonable, waitress accomodated my special diet needs. Their free breakfast was extensive. When I arrived I signed up for shuttle, $20 per person was added to room. Shuttle was efficient. I know they have park and cruise packages because folks on shuttle had done that.

Thanks for the feedback. Embassy suites is the newest hotel at EWR and is a popular favorite. It does have a happy hour wth 1 free drink and a free breakfast. However even when you consider the free breakfast, it's still $50+ more than the Ramada. Bottom line it's a personal choice about how you want to spend your money.

Thanks to Carol's recommendation , we stayed at the Ramada Inn in August and found it fine. Some had dinner, some had snacks and some had breakfast, and the food was fine, if a bit expensive. Since there were 16 of us traveling, the free shuttle and parking were great perks for us. I would definitely recommend trinity reservations (you have to book the Ramada package thru them) as they were very easy to deal with. The Ramada people were fine, the rooms were more than adequate, but the hotel could use a bit of updating in the hallways.

Given the price, I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Rita