NYC Tour after Anthem Cruise? Recommendations?

Lollipop's Mom

Our flight doesn't leave until 5:15pm.

I have been googling for a tour company that picks up at Cape Liberty, does a tour and drops off at JFK, but no luck. There is one offered through cruiseline, but I know prices tend to be inflated on these and booking on our own might be better.

Anyone know of a tour company?

Our flight doesn't leave until 5:15pm.

I have been googling for a tour company that picks up at Cape Liberty' date=' does a tour and drops off at JFK, but no luck. There is one offered through cruiseline, but I know prices tend to be inflated on these and booking on our own might be better.

Anyone know of a tour company?[/quote']

This question has been asked before and there is no good answer for LGA and JFK. For two people the cruise line transfer is actually a very reasonable deal at $99/pp. Car Service transportation from Cape Liberty to JFK is going to run $130+ for 2 people when you add up the base fare, 18-20% tip, and tolls. That means that you are effectively paying less than $35/pp for the 4+ hour NY tour portion of the excursion.

Thanks. I hadn't looked at transfer prices - super I will grab the tour!

Planning for New York area cruises is all about understanding the Cruiseport geography and the transportation and hotel costs associated with using each airport. Once you pick an airport, your cost options are limited unless you are willing to schlep luggage on public transit.

Planning for New York area cruises is all about understanding the Cruiseport geography and the transportation and hotel costs associated with using each airport. Once you pick an airport, your cost options are limited unless you are willing to schlep luggage on public transit.

We were in Edinburgh this summer and the doorman told us to take the public bus to the airport. My first reaction was no thanks. lol. But we decided to try it. What a delight. First off the driver has a cash register so no exact cash or metro card needed. Secondly it was a special retrofitted bus with lots of room and special compartments to put the luggage on board, not underneath. And they ran on schedule and often. If anyone works for the MTA please take a look see.