Bring water on board?

We are sailing HOTS on the 7th and are aware that we can bring a bottle of wine/champagne on board during check-in. Can we substitute that with bottled water? TIA!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Technically, not allowed but usually permitted. Suggested you put it in a duffel bag and put a luggage tag on it...

Technically, not allowed but usually permitted. Suggested you put it in a duffel bag and put a luggage tag on it...

I have done that my last 4 cruises and never had a problem on Royal. But you always have to take that risk losing out on that 4$ case of water. if your ok with that then I would go for it no problem

Just don't give the porter a case of water at least get the store you buy it from to double bag it. Easier f or everyone to move around

We are sailing HOTS on the 7th and are aware that we can bring a bottle of wine/champagne on board during check-in. Can we substitute that with bottled water? TIA!

We put our water in a small duffel bag by itself and check it . It has always arrived at our cabin without issue. I use the duffel bag for souvenirs on the trip home. Have a great cruise. :)

We attempted a case of water on our Oasis trip in Aug. It was a no go. We slapped luggage tags on it before we arrived to port. If we had put it in some type of bag we might have been more successful. That being said others had their case of water in the hallway with luggage on embark day. We just weren't one of the lucky ones.

As to checked water, it seems to depend on the port. At some, the longshoremen will not handle cases of water. But they will handle them if there is a handle. Thus the recommendation to put the case in a duffel bag.

At Baltimore, I saw people carrying on cases without a problem.

And remember, if you get a beverage package, you can get free bottled water at any bar. They will give you two bottles each time you ask.