anthem again? or ncl breakaway for a change.

Doing the Haven twice on the same ship and stating you will never sail it again... that's gotta be a ship with some issues.

-Sean

For comparison, we've sailed breakaway 3 times, twice in a haven cabin (aft penthouse suite, so haven access but not in the haven). Personally I think this is the best cabin available, regardless of the ship. We like breakaway, Anthem was ok but we found there was a lot of waiting around to do things like bumper cars, flow rider etc. On breakaway there was much more doing and less waiting, we consider it a big playground!

Breakaway has issues, the smoke on 6-7-8 is definitely noticeable, but easily avoided. Atrium activities fill up quickly, so get there early for a seat. Lots of things to do indoors, but not flashy like 270. Haven gives a private indoor pool and hot tub area, as well as butler, concierge and priority everything. Much better suite perks than RCL IMHO.

Sailing past Manhattan and the Statue of Liberty is definitely an experience, especially in the aft suite.

If you haven't sailed Breakaway, it's a similar experience to Anthem, especially in terms of the passenger make up (Northern US and Canadians). Someone has already mentioned Escape is replacing Breakaway in NYC for next year, Escape is a newer ship and there have been complaints about motion. We've never sailed her, so no personal experience there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For comparison' date=' we've sailed breakaway 3 times, twice in a haven cabin (aft penthouse suite, so haven access but not in the haven). Personally I think this is the best cabin available, regardless of the ship. We like breakaway, Anthem was ok but we found there was a lot of waiting around to do things like bumper cars, flow rider etc. On breakaway there was much more doing and less waiting, we consider it a big playground!

Breakaway has issues, the smoke on 6-7-8 is definitely noticeable, but easily avoided. Atrium activities fill up quickly, so get there early for a seat. Lots of things to do indoors, but not flashy like 270. Haven gives a private indoor pool and hot tub area, as well as butler, concierge and priority everything. Much better suite perks than RCL IMHO.

Sailing past Manhattan and the Statue of Liberty is definitely an experience, especially in the aft suite.

If you haven't sailed Breakaway, it's a similar experience to Anthem, especially in terms of the passenger make up (Northern US and Canadians). Someone has already mentioned Escape is replacing Breakaway in NYC for next year, Escape is a newer ship and there have been complaints about motion. We've never sailed her, so no personal experience there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/quote']

I do agree that the Haven on NCL is amazing!

I do agree that the Haven on NCL is amazing!

Marine Mom - what do you think - same itinerary, same price per day - Antehem for a repeat holiday cruise or Breakaway for a 7 night holiday cruise to change it up? Loved the Anthem, but concerned about the repeat entertainment on Anthem compared to Breakaway which would be new. Also concerned of things to do on Breakaway on the sea days in the cold.

Marine Mom - what do you think - same itinerary, same price per day - Antehem for a repeat holiday cruise or Breakaway for a 7 night holiday cruise to change it up? Loved the Anthem, but concerned about the repeat entertainment on Anthem compared to Breakaway which would be new. Also concerned of things to do on Breakaway on the sea days in the cold.

If the price and itinerary are the same and you really want a change, then try the Breakaway. Some people really love the ship. We sailed on March of last year and it was cold at sail away. The first day and a half you will probably want to stay indoors and unfortunately, so is everyone else. The ropes course was fun, the water slides were fun too and get less crowded (or no line) by the 3rd day. Obviously it will be too cold to utilize those two the first day and a half. There is a quiet area at the back of the ship for "adults only" during the day called the H20. There are a few hot tubs and a bar and is a little less quiet. Since we stayed in the haven, we spent alot of time in the pool area (has retractable roof) during the chilly days. As far as entertainment there are two main shows, Rock of Ages and Burn the Floor, which are good. They also have howl at the moon and an off the cuff comedy show called "Second City".

Give it a try and with any luck, if you bid on the Haven and win, you will LOVE that!!!

I am doing the opposite of you. I have been on the breakaway twice and wanted a change and heard so many good things about the Anthem so we booked for January. Really excited!

We've been on both. My preference is Anthem, but I'm glad we tried Breakaway.

Anthem feels airier, more spacious, and more glamorous. Breakaway feels more cramped. Anthem also has 270.

Food wise, Breakaway has lobster in the buffet (Garden Cafe) and O'Sheehan's - the 24 hour pub/restaurant, which far outshines RCL's offerings late night (basically room service, Cafe Promenade sandwiches/cookies, or Sorrento's)

No more lobster.

Still can't decide, lol. If the Breakaway had a solarium and large lounges, choice would be easy. If RCL changed up entertainment for a repeat holiday sailing, choice would be easy to repeat.

Per day prices are the same minus the extra day on Anthem. It's also frustrating that BA gets to Orlando in 1 day vs two for Anthem. Extra day of cruising is unfortunately an extra day in the cold.

Still can't decide, lol. If the Breakaway had a solarium and large lounges, choice would be easy. If RCL changed up entertainment for a repeat holiday sailing, choice would be easy to repeat.

Per day prices are the same minus the extra day on Anthem. It's also frustrating that BA gets to Orlando in 1 day vs two for Anthem. Extra day of cruising is unfortunately an extra day in the cold.

Not sure if this will help but one thing we noticed is that BA gets to Port Canaveral (Orlando) around noon and Anthem is 7am to 9pm.

One reason we choose the Anthem cruise is that we are planning to visit friends In Orlando when we get to Port Canaveral and we will have a lot more time docking at 7am.

If you were planning on doing anything in Orlando (Disney, Universal) you have to subtract at the least 2 hours of driving/travel from your time in port.

So Anthems schedule has a slight advantage there.

-Sean

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk