So what are the chances...

FLcruisergrl

Imagine. Being in a spa and complaining about the weather outside.

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit-

And easy to dish out when coming from someone who lives in the sunshine state.

Try living a life of rain 350 days a year - and then taking a cruise in the rain...

NOT NICE!

Yes my spa will be wonderful -but hey - I paid for it!!

What I didn't buy was a cheap and nasty north atlantic cruise stopping in grey and dismal Azores.

You are very rude.

Edited by Blondie008

I sure hope the Epic transatlantic stays the way it is now and does not change back. Really like the new itinerary.

Well considering you only booked it yesterday - as per roll call - one would expect you to like it. You actually CHOSE it! That and the fact you paid "last minute" prices certainly helps.

For those who booked it over a year ago - at full whack (and no, we in the UK cannot cancel or change we are tied in at deposit) - its a bitter pill to swallow.

Well considering you only booked it yesterday - as per roll call - one would expect you to like it. You actually CHOSE it! That and the fact you paid "last minute" prices certainly helps.

For those who booked it over a year ago - at full whack (and no, we in the UK cannot cancel or change we are tied in at deposit) - its a bitter pill to swallow.

Oh yeah, a bitter pill.

To Blondie,

My family and I have made many land trips to Ponta Delgada, and other Islands in the Azores, staying at least 10 days. We find nothing to complain about. They have nice excursions, interesting shops and restaurants. My husband speaks Portuguese, and I can understand it, so the language is not a problem for us.

No, they don't have nice soft sand beaches, but they do have natural pools built into the seawall along the Avenida. We swam in those with the locals.

Blondie,

You have my best wishes for your original itinerary being restored, but with Dawn's New Years cruise changing out St. Thomas, St. Maarten and Tortola, it probably isn't going to happen for you.

I don't believe that the big 4k+ passenger ships will return to the Eastern Caribbean until things are more restored down there. They need to be ready for prime time to start taking the big ships. My guess is maybe in a few months.

Please promise you will try to have a good time, if things don't switch back.

To Blondie,

My family and I have made many land trips to Ponta Delgada, and other Islands in the Azores, staying at least 10 days. We find nothing to complain about. They have nice excursions, interesting shops and restaurants. My husband speaks Portuguese, and I can understand it, so the language is not a problem for us.

No, they don't have nice soft sand beaches, but they do have natural pools built into the seawall along the Avenida. We swam in those with the locals.

Barb - with all due respect - (and I genuinely mean that)

Its the middle of November -

Its not only the Azores I object to (I live in Scotland in a stunning area with mountain, pools, coasts, beaches and all the scenery I could wish for) -

I object to us taking a turn North at Gibraltar to colder climates - then the ship will travel southwest from Azores - thats a much colder route than Malaga - St Thomas and then north to Orlando.

Its also shorter route and fuel saving trip ($$$$) for NCL.

It is not going to be warm - in fact- I have only ever made it on to land in the Azores once as although the ship got right there (numerous times) it was always too windy to dock.

And as I say - I live in a place which has everything The Azores has and more. We probably wont even get off the ship if it does dock. Possibly for a wee walk about - but depends on how cold/wet/grey/dreich it is.

I had a dive booked for the Azores in April - I was really looking forward to it - but the Getaway didnt make it in (yet again chalking another missed Ponta Delgada). I am not booking this time only to be disappointed yet again. For sure I am not risking booking private tours. There is a restaurant in Ponta Delgada I fancy having lunch in - thats a possibility. But not risking pre paying anything non refundable - I know the risks ;p

I hope you all prove me wrong - I am only going on my past experiences and they have not been good.

Middle of summer I am sure it is beautiful. So is Scotland (around 10 days a year!) .

My feelings are that NCL stuffed us with this - we should be allocated a port in the vicinity of St Thomas - or at least - get us across the atlantic into warmer weather - Instead -hanging around for 7 whole days in cold Europe in November? Then a cold crossing - Nah - I cannot get my head into this one at all - Really feeling pretty low about the whole thing.

On a positive I love EPIC - love time with my husband - love the food, the drinks, the fun - so - just TRYING hard to think positive - Just a bit lousy taking two transatlantic hits in one year - twice flying across the atlantic - a lot of ££££££££££s spent - and neither cruise has been anywhere near what it was supposed to be in the first place.

We do TA cruises simply because the time of year works for us. We love sea days - and do love NCL ships - Just a tad disappointed - I'm sure we will have a great time whatever the outcome.

Oh and I have two already booked for 2018! :eek:

Blondie,

You have my best wishes for your original itinerary being restored, but with Dawn's New Years cruise changing out St. Thomas, St. Maarten and Tortola, it probably isn't going to happen for you.

I don't believe that the big 4k+ passenger ships will return to the Eastern Caribbean until things are more restored down there. They need to be ready for prime time to start taking the big ships. My guess is maybe in a few months.

Please promise you will try to have a good time, if things don't switch back.

Hi Vince

I promise you - wholeheartedly - we will have a blast!

Listen - anyone who knows about the Getaway spring transatlantic knows how much of a disaster it was - but we still had an absolute ball - and believe you me that was a chain of events no one wants to endure!

We work very hard - and time out is precious - "TheParty'sOn" is my middle name :hearteyes:.