Leaving this month and no update.....

JennieCoconut

We are leaving on 10/31 out of NYC on the Gem. We received an email two weeks ago that we will know within two weeks where our itinerary is going. Still no word. My fiancee (this is our honeymoon trip) called and spoke with the executive team yesterday and they were super nice and said we should know today. He called again this am and now they are back to being rude and they have no idea and also have no time frame of when we will know. I don't understand how cruises months out know their new itinerary and we don't yet. We leave in 28 days.

Does anyone out there have any idea where this cruise might be headed? Original itinerary was San Juan, St. Thomas, St Martin, St Kitts and Tortola.

Yeah, I saw that way back. Every time someone calls from our roll call/ FB group, we get different answers. One person heard we MAY keep some original ports because they may reopen.

Some voyages were changed from eastern to western caribbean. Don’t know if that will be in your case

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were also told the "within two weeks" thing about an Eastern cruise leaving Miami on 6 January. One of the ports is St. Thomas. The Governor of the USVI is now saying that St. Thomas should be able to receive cruise ships by the end of October. I suspect this could be one reason why we have had no further word about any itinerary changes for our sailing.

... I don't understand how cruises months out know their new itinerary and we don't yet. We leave in 28 days. ...

Some of the cruises have their answers because they could determine the ports. Some are not so easy. I feel for those that can not get an answer.

And I also feel for the people at NCL (and others) that are unable to make a decision as they await news from each port of their ability to accommodate these ships.

My fiancé and I are also sailing on the Halloween out of NYC on the gem. We were sent the same email "two weeks" and still haven't heard back. We haven't called yet but everyday have been anxiously checking our email to see if there is any news. We will be ok with anymthomf but just would like to know where we are going.

I understand there are a lot of moving parts to all of this but seeing all these cruises after ours get information is driving me nuts. I'm also worried by the time we find out there will be no excursions or anything. I don't care where we go, I just want to know! It's our honeymoon dammit! Lol

quote=Heathermcgrath;54236257]My fiancé and I are also sailing on the Halloween out of NYC on the gem. We were sent the same email "two weeks" and still haven't heard back. We haven't called yet but everyday have been anxiously checking our email to see if there is any news. We will be ok with anymthomf but just would like to know where we are going.

We are on Gem Nov 11 out of NYC and still nothing either!! I was told 2 days ago I would know by the end of the day and didn’t happen! So frustrating!! Seems everyone else knows where they are going besides the Gem. Maybe today is the day!? 🙏🏻

I hope so too. I know they are trying their best to plan everything, but I'm getting nervous with the Gem not showing up on port schedules for seemingly any island.

I hope this doesn't become the "east coast milk run" with illustrious ports of call including Charleston, Port Canaveral and Nassau.

I have been searching too! We are nowhere to be found. Definitely concerning since we leave so soon!!! I will be so pissed off if those are our ports since we paid for a Caribbean vacation.

I hope so too. I know they are trying their best to plan everything, but I'm getting nervous with the Gem not showing up on port schedules for seemingly any island.

I hope this doesn't become the "east coast milk run" with illustrious ports of call including Charleston, Port Canaveral and Nassau.

I have good memories of Port Canaveral as a young child visiting NASA...it seems universally no one is excited about a Port Canaveral visit...is it really that bad?

We did NASA when we're were 5 of us and we did Disney when just 2 of us

If we ever ported at PC again I'd go straight to the beach

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Did Nasa the first time and Cocoa Beach the second time (This past Valentines Day).

Since I'm also on this 10/31 Gem cruise I too am finding myself logging on to NCL 5+ times a day, watching the CC forums for anyone that may have gotten an email on this cruise and constantly looking at my phone everytime i get an email.

Personally I think NCL is gambling with our ports, they have changed future itineraries on other cruises and maybe hoping that the ports we are to visit may magically reopen for tourists the first week of November.

At least send another email back out to those who 3 days past their "2 Week" email wait and give an update specific to their cruise, not just a boiler plate response to everyone that says the same thing...

I am also on the 11/11/17 Gem sailing. I called this morning and they do not have any additional updates. I was told that they are still trying to secure ports and NCL will contact us. I am also checking several times a day :D. Hopefully we will find out soon.

Frustrating, especially since it's your honeymoon!

I'm eager to hear about our January cruise, but am not pushing because I'm holding out a grain of hope that we'll stick to our original itinerary. Our ship (Escape) is on the port dockets for both all of our original stops, plus now Falmouth and Grand Cayman as alternatives. So, I'm hopeful they are waiting until end of October/early Nov. to make the final call. But who knows, they might have signed firm agreements already with Falmouth and Grand Cayman. *shrug*

I have good memories of Port Canaveral as a young child visiting NASA...it seems universally no one is excited about a Port Canaveral visit...is it really that bad?

There's virtually nothing to do besides the Space Center and the beach, so if those don't interest you, then it'll be a wasted port. Orlando is too far away to visit the theme parks in the short time the ships tend to be in port.

Seems like Gem is the only ship left that is still in mystery. I am on 12/12 Gem and I hope they don’t send us to Florida and Nassau.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am also on a Gem cruise later this year. :cool: It's interesting that's the ship that seems to be delayed regarding announcements. As most of the cruises are 10 or 11 days, I'd like to think it won't be a switch to Florida / Bahamas. I'm not concerned as yet about the lack of reroute announcement but it would be nice to have some idea for excursion planning. Anywho, I do wonder if the hold up with Gem cruise announcements is that some of the islands impacted have stated via news / tourism agencies about the desire to be up and running to receive cruise ships in some capacity by mid-November.

I just received an itinerary change email for our Escape cruise on March 17. We are now going to Jamaica, GCayman, and Great Stirrup Cay...instead of Tortola and St. Thomas. Nassau is still on the itinerary so no change there. I hope for those of you leaving this fall get notified soon! I would be frustrated too! :(

Seems like Gem is the only ship left that is still in mystery. I am on 12/12 Gem and I hope they don’t send us to Florida and Nassau.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm on the Dawn, leaving in 4 weeks, and we also do not know where we're going. From what we read about the cruises the week before and after, we are fairly certain of our starting and ending ports, but NCL has told us nothing. We are also several days past the "we'll let you know in 2 weeks" email.

It's a Magical Mystery Cruise!

I'm on the Dawn, leaving in 4 weeks, and we also do not know where we're going. From what we read about the cruises the week before and after, we are fairly certain of our starting and ending ports, but NCL has told us nothing. We are also several days past the "we'll let you know in 2 weeks" email.

It's a Magical Mystery Cruise!

My itinerary has already been updated on the website for 2/3/18. Is your vacation summary still showing your original itinerary? If so, it might be worth a call to NCL to find out where you are going. Although sometimes it is fun to be surprised, it makes it hard to plan.