Questions About Crystal

howndder

I haven't cruised with Crystal for a few years but they're very nice. Superb food & Service, beautiful ship. Crowds are older than average, but there will be other FOD on board. Chances are slim that they would have an FOD meeting though. Just go to the Avenue Saloon (Piano bar) - that's where staff and most FOD tend to congregate. OR check the boarding photos (the wall of shame ;) ) and look for the single men or male couples. The company/staff/crew are generally very gay friendly/accepting. Their alternative dining venues are also very nice but reserve early.

Hi and welcome to Crystal. My partner and I have sailed Crystal seven times and we are hooked. You will find a few FOD's on board. If you are on the Symphony talk with the concerige Sasha he will assist you with any requests. Please tell him that Dan & Miles from Ft. Lauderdale send their best.

We are in our early 40's and we did feel like one of the youngsters onboard. We normally frequent the Avenue Saloon late and it does get quite a mix of crew and guests.

We are sailing mid March around Cape Horn. Anybody else going?

Thank you very much for your input. we're Howard and Derek from Ft. Lauderdale, so Dan & Miles must be neighbors. Would love to talk to you about crystal. Is this possible to do with the boards? We're not how shall I say board people usually. I think I've done this only 2 times. Thanks again for your help.

Just walked in the door from a 7 night cruise on the radisson Voyager....what a fabulous trip...much nicer than the previous cruise on her.

Spoke with a number of crew that had worked on Crystal and got some good info. Lead bartender on the Voyager stated the crew id gay, they like gay passengers.....a deviation from the stuffy California rich elderly. Not alot of activity on board but gay passengers will be very very welcomed on board.

Now I have to recover from my cruise....Radisson even held a FOD party!.

Me, spent alot of time with Fausto...for those who know who he is.......oooo, la la.

Will I try Crystal.......maybe, although the open seating on Radisson is sooooooo nice. And not being charged for everything is a great plus also....which I believe is something Cryustal has not embraced.

I hope to read more comments baout Crystal....

Tom

Our experience on Crystal (the cruise line, Cadillac Ron :cool: ) with regard to FOD gatherings is "ask and ye shall receive".

We sailed Harmony to Alaska this past June and a friend of ours asked the Cruise Director for a FOD party. Not only was it advertised in the daily program, but the CD stopped by, welcomed everyone (25-30 showed up) and announced drinks were "on the house". Everyone had a great time.

Later on in the cruise our friend asked for a 2nd party (it was a 12-night cruise). Again, the CD was happy to accomodate, and once again, drinks on Crystal.

No, it's not all about free cocktails on Crystal, but that should give you an idea Crystal is a first class outfit. Every other aspect of the cruise experience on Crystal is also first class, IMHO.

Will I try Crystal.......maybe, although the open seating on Radisson is sooooooo nice. And not being charged for everything is a great plus also....which I believe is something Cryustal has not embraced.

I hope to read more comments baout Crystal....

Tom

True, Crystal is not "all inclusive" compared to Radisson. However our experience has been they schedule many complimentary cocktail parties (besides the FOD party I mentioned in my post above). Combine this with the fact substantial shipboard credits and prepaid gratuities are easy to come by on Crystal, we walk off the ship with a very low tab for our onboard spending.

When it comes to the dining differences (open seating vs assigned) I "swing both ways" on that one. Dine-when-you-want on Radisson is tough to compete with, however our entire waitstaff on Crystal has always been so charming and accomodating that we wouldn't dream of different employees waiting on us every night.

Since Radisson, Silversea & Seabourn are all open seating, I hope Crystal never strays from assigned dining. If they "cave" it will be the end of choices in the luxury cruise market when it comes to dining.

I don't know how you could consider cruising on Crystal. That crap is killing our community. Also, isn't a cruise supposed to be relaxing? People stay up for days...huh? Oh, you mean Crystal Cruise Lines...nevermind....

Someone who has the same sense of humor as me. That was really funny.

Archived