Discounts for active or retired member of U.S. or Canadian Police, Fire Dept. or EMT?

CruisingUS

They only apply the discounts sometimes. In all my cruises, I have gotten only one Police discount. I usually go through like I am going to purchase a cruise and hit the button for the discount. If it shows, I call them and they have applied the discount. Now, this is RCCL I've done it on since my first X cruise is coming up but I think the same would apply.

Those discounts are offered infrequently. Occasionally you'll see it but IMO when the the discount is offered, isn't enough to be worth losing 'perks' over (discount rates don't include perks).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have gotten a military discount on our recent bookings - amount varied by cabin category. The discount doesn't show up until you go into the booking process - just before the screen with the total cost with taxes/fees you can click on a discount (military, police) and then on the price drops by the amount of the discount.

The discounts can't be combined. The amounts we have received have been $100 - 150 for each of us.

I agree with Sanger727. I have posted pretty frequently here lately on managing a police discount booking. My wife is also eligible for a military discount so we have used both (not combined). They are not worth the hassle. There are other fluctuating discounts that include perks which I would explore.