First night done right - Chops?

I thought Royal assigned the restaurant you could eat on the FNDR, so that makes me hesitant. I wouldn't want to be assigned Izumi as I don't eat shellfish and not a fan of Sushi. I'm guessing they would allow you to move to Giovannis? Sounds like maybe Chops wouldn't be an option. We are going on Explorer in September on the Pacific Coastal tour. Thanks!

As I understand it now, the only restaurants (on the Oasis at least) that the $15 FNDR apply to are Giovanni's and Sabor.

I was told (by RCI Crown & Anchor) I can change to Chops or 150, but would only be entitled to 50% off the normal rate.

They will credit the $15 PP charge to our account and then charge the 50% off rate depending on the restaurant chosen.

We were very lucky on our March 2017 Oasis cruise where our FNDR dinner which we changed the resy to 150 was kept at the $15 FNDR rate.

We booked FNDR this past November sailing on the Oasis. I went to Chops as soon as we boarded and was given a reservation for the first night with no problem. Interestingly we never received or had a notification in our cabin as to what the ship had assigned as our FNDR dining venue. They did try to bill us at the end of the meal until I told the waiter that the current hostess had made the reservation for us as FNDR earlier in the day. No problem after that . Will do it again and hope for the same outcome.

On the Allure, it is only Giovanis or Sabor.

On embarkation, we requested CP150. The reservation agent gave it to us. Happiness.

When we showed up, the hostess refused to honor the reservation. She offered a refund of the FNDR and a 50% discount (BOGO). We insisted that the agent knew we had a FNDR package and said that he would “take care of us”. The hostess then said she would “take care of us” also.

Part way into the meal, the restaurant manager came over and started lecturing us on knowing the rules of the package. I reiterated that reservations guy and hostess accepted the package and that I had specifically asked a shore telephone agent before buying the package. I almost filed a complaint with the hotel manager about this jerk bullying us over his people’s decision to honor the package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk