Port Everglades car rental after cruise - Alamo or Avis location better?

crusingatthebuffet

We'll need to pick up a car after our Celebrity cruise in November, and I've narrowed it down to the Allamo location at 1700 Eller Dr. and the Avis location at 2301 SE 17th Street. Does anyone have an option on either location, specifically which might have better shuttle service and is less busy overall? Thanks!

I have a similar question, I will be returning a Alamo car prior to a cruise.

I see Eller Ave. is within the Port area.

Does anyone know if there is a bus service from the car rental on eller ave to the actual dock for Royal Carib.. the Allure

We used Thrifty post cruise. Shuttle right at port to rental place. It was quick and easy. Shuttle did take folks waiting to port when we got off. There were other rental car shuttles at port in an area. It's marked once you come out of terminal.

We used Alamo at the port for drop off prior to cruise, and they have shuttles running to each terminal. Very quick and painless. Dropped us off basically at the terminal door.

Do you remember what time you arrived to drop off the car? We are trying to decide what the least chaotic time would be to return our car prior to our Dec. 10th cruise.

I called Alamo at Eller Avenue, which is the closest to the pier.

They suggest you deposit bags at pier, return car to Eller avenue and they will drive you back to pier

What about Budget @ Quay Ft Lauderdale?

Address: 1515 SE 17st Causeway

It lists that rental location as being closest to cruise port.

And why do I remember picking up keys to a rental inside the Fort Lauderdale cruise terminal a few years back.. at least I think it was Ft Lauderdale...

What about Budget @ Quay Ft Lauderdale?

Address: 1515 SE 17st Causeway

It lists that rental location as being closest to cruise port.

And why do I remember picking up keys to a rental inside the Fort Lauderdale cruise terminal a few years back.. at least I think it was Ft Lauderdale...

Two minutes on Google Maps showed this to be right outside the northern entrance to the Port.

No idea on your car key comments.