Speciality dining vs excursions credit

jeepfam

"Freebie" item question - I chose beverage package and I originally chose excursion credits for our Dec. cruise to Belize/Roatan/Mexico. We have two rooms (one balcony and one interior room), so its 50 dollars at each stop for excursion credits for the balcony room- interior room only gets one free item. We have a family of 6 - 3 teens/one 10 year old.

My husband and oldest are listed on the balcony room and the rest of us are in the interior room. I'm considering switching the excursion credit for the specialty dining. Is the specialty dining for two- or the two named on the room??? Im sure my oldest and my husband could have some nice meals together :) but I would rather it be me!

Dining question - it says 3 meals but if you only do 2 do you only pay the gratuity on those two meals? Can OBC be used for that?

Im looking at using Shore Excurisions to book excursions and not the boat. We can save over the 50 dollar credit we would get and have better choices for excursions.

Thoughts?

Brandy

The beverage package as well as the specialty dining package are the top choice over shore excursion credits and the wifi. You would still paid the whole gratuity for the beverage package as well as the specialty dining package. If you do not use it, then you would lose it. If you mean using OBC to pay for the gratuity, I do not know if you can because this would already be paid for when you paid for your cruise. The gratuity for the beverage package was added to the final cost. Switching to another promotion- you would need to call up NCL or your TA.

Specialty dining - use it at any of those restaurants by telling them you are using SDP. One entree and unlimited app as well as desserts. Do not need to worry about those a la prices.

Shore excursions - it is $50 credit per each port. It is taken off only after the shore excursion and you do not get a credit if NCL decided to skip a port. You can use OBC for your shore excursions.

It is my understanding that we have pre paid gratuities. We are thinking of switching out our $50 Shore Excursions for the Dining Package where we pick 3 restaurants.....agent tells us there is an additional $12.42 charge per person.....not a big deal, but my SIL tells me we would have to pay a $200 Gratuity charge ?

It is my understanding that we have pre paid gratuities. We are thinking of switching out our $50 Shore Excursions for the Dining Package where we pick 3 restaurants.....agent tells us there is an additional $12.42 charge per person.....not a big deal, but my SIL tells me we would have to pay a $200 Gratuity charge ?

yes, 12.42 is the correct dinning package gratuity charge

your SIL might have the drinks package which has a higher gratuity charge

The SDP credits will go to the two people named in the room. So not transferable to you. However, when we used our credits they only asked for 1 card to run for the room (per 2 diners at least), so there's a good chance you and your husband could dine together, run your husbands card, and have no issues. It's not guaranteed however since they may see that the room had 2 men in it and that isn't whose dining.

Yes, you have to pay the full gratuity up front, whether or not you use all 3 meals.

$12 is the right amount for the gratuity. Your SIL is thinking of the beverage package which carries a gratuity of roughly $100 each.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums