The "New" Deli Menu

cuppettmd

I think the new deli offerings were really good compared to the previous menu. I'd been vegan for years and had to switch back within the past year for health reasons so it is possible I have either hyper sensitive or unrefined tastebuds for meat. On the Pride (old menu) everything tasted way too salty, the new menu was more flavorful with less salt, win-win for me.

I'd like it if they would use a different cheese for grilled cheese sandwiches. The sandwich I had on the Legend in May was a little too strong.

Also, has anybody ever had this happen? I ordered a grilled cheese sandwich from room service on the Legend, and they put butter on the inside of the sandwich. It made it inedible.

I think butter on all sammies is an European thing. Thus training yields butter unless request no.

not really, the turkey is served with mustard, the pastrami is served with a tomato puree (YUK), the Cuban has mustard, actually I have never seen them butter anything except the bread on a grilled cheese

Where is the deli on the Horizon?

If it's the same deck plan as the Vista (likely), then the Deli is located in the back part of the Lido buffet, kinda in the middle of the deck ("inside" from the pizza place).

We were used to finding it along the port side Lido Deck walkway on the Conquest-class ships, and only late in our October cruise on Vista did I realize "Oh! There it is!" It doesn't stand out as much.