Freedom on Oct 15 - Reaching out to the corporate lerkers.

Hi,

We just got off the Freedom today on her last med cruise of the season. Have to say we were in shock and not sure if this was just an isolated experience or others had the same take on the ship.

The ship seems to be in really desperate need of repairs. Screwed up elevators, broken chairs, not a clean sheet, napkin or table cloth in sight. We have sailed RCL for years and never experienced this before.

First item was our cabin. Totally gross. The bathroom wall looked like someone gargled and spit up on it and the toilet seat had crusted gunk on it we had to scrape off. Garbage behind the side table and under the bed. drawers so dirty we lined them with towels before putting out stuff away. Fridge broken, tv flakey... what the ??? like I said, never before have we seen the like.

Our steward was a rather large Jamaican woman that was sort of friendly but when we complained about the filth, made us very uncomfortable. on top of that, she and the floor supervisor ( the only other islander we saw working on our floor) seemed very chummy, spent a lot of time bs ing in the hall and snarking at the southeast Asians cleaning the other cabins. Was not comfortable to complain as the supervisor appeared to be her bud... I have heard of these situations on the ships and this one was really blatant. Took to just cleaning it up ourselves and getting as little service from her as we could manage as I did not want to risk retaliation on our belongings while ashore. Obvious there is a major breakdown of management here. Will not go into the stained sheets and gross furniture.

Would like to say this was isolated but the first night we go to the main dinning, took two tries to get clean glasses (as in no lipstick stains) the table cloth was stained (we were first to sit there that night), and the cutlery was dirty. Not to mention the napkins all stained up. At this point we wondered what the ??? again, never had this kind of experience on an RCL ship. Was the laundry broken down? After that and the pay steak I got that could not be cut, we dropped the main dinning room and stuck to the buffet for the rest of the trip. Food there was fine.

Seemed like a number of the elevators were having issues from buttons that simply did not work to one having a breakdown with myself and a few others in it. Lasted only a couple of minutes and we managed to get out. Chair arms laying on the floor of the theatre along with bottoms of chairs that seem to have fallen off and been left were they dropped.

There was more but my point is HELP! this is not the RCL we are used too and hope this gets back to management. I plan to call in when we get stateside but thought this would be a way to get someone's attention as the surveys are not really read I think. Have they just gotten too many ships or is this a case of the company needing to board and kick as5. I suspect our cabin was more an issue of a steward that did not have much interest in doing the job and a supervisor that was her bud. The other stewards were really hustling when we walked by... just our good luck I guess. If not for the blatant buddy buddy with the manager, we would have complained.

As for the rest... we were on Freedom for the first ride of the med season and strangely enough, the last as well. Did not plan it that way but that was how our dates worked out. The difference was startling. First ride was much better with the ship clean and in good shape. End of the season beaten up and looking ready for the refurb yard.

Welcome any contact from RCL to discuss. We like the line and hit our 140 days this week. That said, they really need to put a team on that ship and look it over.

Was steward name Marguerite? We were on 2 RCI cruises with her. Once she was our steward and the worst service ever and only time in all our years. (Since the 90's). Laughed couple years later when we saw her again. Thrilled she was not our steward!

Sent from my SM-T537V using Forums mobile app