Silly question: How much time between ordering drinks?? since sharing - not allowed.

Newbie545

Pretty sure that IS also the policy on Celebrity, you both have to have the package. It's ok for just one person to upgrade to premium but they won't sell just one person a beverage package and even as a perk you both have to take the beverage package.

The policy you're referring to is the perk which must be the same for both people in the cabin. One can't take drink and the other OBC. And yes only one can upgrade without the other..

But one person can BUY the drink package and not the other cabin occupant. Unless it was just recently changed.

Interesting-- on our last Celebrity I got a bottled orange juice and a bottle of water just outside of the breakfast buffet. We were told that my Classic beverage package only allowed one drink at a time and if I took both I would be charged for one of them. So I left the water behind and got it later.

Recent experience on Celebrity Infinity - September 2017.

Both adults had to have the same package, so no gaming the system there. I made a mistake early on trying to order wine for myself and wife, but only had my card. The bartender looked online and found my wife's account, gave the additional glass (which he did not have to do), and simply advised to bring both cards next time. I had no problem the rest of the cruise bringing two cards - makes perfect sense. Also, no problem at all ordering a drink and a bottled water at the same time.

Interesting-- on our last Celebrity I got a bottled orange juice and a bottle of water just outside of the breakfast buffet. We were told that my Classic beverage package only allowed one drink at a time and if I took both I would be charged for one of them. So I left the water behind and got it later.

This comes down to common sense both by the cruiser and the crew member. If the crew member has been screwed in the past then one can expect him/her to go by the letter of the law going forward.

In the evenings after dinner or a show we stop off in Al Bacio for a coffee and a cognac. WE order both at the same time and it has never been an issue. If it was we would order the coffee and when it arrived send the waitress back for the cognac but again common sense prevails.

Most of the crew are pretty experienced and know who is pulling a shifty