What would you do? Oasis Kids Sail Free NRD

Good to know, thanks for posting.

I'm still confused about this and the KSF promo though. While on paper it may seem like they have made a deposit in reality after final payment the total price is what you have paid and the kids are actually free. I can see them withholding the $100pp out if the taxes and issuing the balance ($11) as a FCC but it's not like they can ask you for more money.

As someone else suggested they could also be a no show at the pier which would result in a worst case scenario of not having the port fees and taxes refunded.

They can't not refund the port fees and taxes and they aren't cancelling the cruise, so they can't withhold the $100 pp. They are just not showing up for a cruise they paid for.

So how does the "no show" work? They refund EVERYTHING minus port taxes and fees if we just tell them at the port that they aren't there? How does that make sense, in light of all I was told today?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No they refund nothing of the cruise fare and have to refund the port fees and taxes. You have it backwards. Them not showing up at the pier only works on the kids sail free promo(since the kids are sailing free except for port fees and taxes). If you actually paid a cruise fare for the kids, then it doesn't work.

So how does the "no show" work? They refund EVERYTHING minus port taxes and fees if we just tell them at the port that they aren't there? How does that make sense, in light of all I was told today?

If the kids are a no show you would get back the port taxes and fees. It will be credited back to the credit card you used to pay for the cruise.

They can't not refund the port fees and taxes and they aren't cancelling the cruise, so they can't withhold the $100 pp. They are just not showing up for a cruise they paid for.

Wait, so if we just do a "no show" on the kids (again, if we decide not to take them), they WILL refund port taxes and fees? Is that in writing anywhere?

Sidenote: I asked for where in writing what the agents were telling me was available, and they said nowhere publicly, only in their policy manuals they were reading from. Argh.

No they refund nothing of the cruise fare and have to refund the port fees and taxes. You have it backwards. Them not showing up at the pier only works on the kids sail free promo(since the kids are sailing free except for port fees and taxes). If you actually paid a cruise fare for the kids, then it doesn't work.

Ahh. Ok. I've got it now. Thank you! So keeping the kids ON the booking makes the MOST sense.

A muster station can only hold so many people. It typically can hold the first two guests in every stateroom in that section, and some of the 3/4 guests. So it's possible a muster station can reach it's limit of 3/4 guests.

Thanks so much for your response. ;)

It's important to note that as a ship fills, there is a specific number of spaces in the lifeboat/muster station. In each station, they are made up of both double, triple and quad occupancy cabins. If a specific station gets to a certain point, the cruiseline can limit the number of additional passengers booking into that area, which means that even if you have a quad occupancy cabin with 2 individuals booked, and your cabin can hold 2 more, you wouldn't be able to book them, since the line was limiting all new bookings to only double occupancy.

So, usually if you think you're going to book your kids (or 2 others in a quad cabin), it's been best to book them in, and then cancel them later, since there has not been any penalty to cancel third/fourth individuals off a booking up until 2 weeks before sailing.

Many have booked larger than double cabins, and then when they went to add the third or fourth person, found that the muster station was at maximum and no additional passengers could be booked into their cabin.

I hope that this makes sense.

ETA: Of course Bob got there first!!!

Thanks so much for your response, I learned something new today, that's why I love this site so much. :D