Driving from Titusville to Tampa on a Saturday in December

lucywestie

We cruise out of Tampa on December 10th but are spending 3 nights in Titusville prior to the cruise (so we can visit the space centre and do some shopping in the area, plus we are driving down from Canada)

Google maps shows that its about 2 hours or so from Titusville area to the cruise port. Just wondering if anyone is aware of any issues with traffic backups etc. going around Orlando on a Saturday, suggested driving times versus Googles times or anything else that might help to make the drive easier.

The last few times that I have driven I-4 to Tampa on a Sunday morning, there have been backups from Plant City to the I-75 interchange. This is about 10 miles in length. I would expect the same on a Saturday. This is probably at least a 15 minute delay. It could also be backed up from US 192 to US 27, though not always. If it is, taking 417, as the poster above suggests, would get you through part of that. I would also recommend a SunPass for the toll roads if you don't already have one, it will save you time and money.

Oh yeah, thanks for staying in Titusville, I grew up there, Make sure to stop at Dixie Crossroads for rock shrimp.

Edited by zdcatc12
Added Titusville info.

We cruise out of Tampa on December 10th but are spending 3 nights in Titusville prior to the cruise (so we can visit the space centre and do some shopping in the area, plus we are driving down from Canada)

Google maps shows that its about 2 hours or so from Titusville area to the cruise port. Just wondering if anyone is aware of any issues with traffic backups etc. going around Orlando on a Saturday, suggested driving times versus Googles times or anything else that might help to make the drive easier.

I would suggest you plan on 3 hours. Getting from Tampa to Orlando is a crazy ride. You are traveling on an interstate that is under constant construction. In addition you will be going through the travel that is around Disney, Sea World, Universal and the outlet malls. If you take i4 to 417 that will keep you south and hopefully the traffic is friendlier. Some maps put you on 50. Don't take 50.

Enjoy Florida and thank you for visiting us.