Ocean Cay Delayed Again

FUN33

MSC Cruises’ private island Ocean Cay Marine Reserve in the Bahamas has been mysteriously removed from all open sailings until March 2019. No specific reason has yet to be given for the change to the original itineraries, but there is speculation that building materials shortages and recent damaging storms throughout the Caribbean may be causing delays in the construction.

Probably will be cancelling our Seaside cruise for 1-5-2019. Really wanted to experience Ocean Cay

MSC Cruises’ private island Ocean Cay Marine Reserve in the Bahamas has been mysteriously removed from all open sailings until March 2019. No specific reason has yet to be given for the change to the original itineraries, but there is speculation that building materials shortages and recent damaging storms throughout the Caribbean may be causing delays in the construction.

Probably will be cancelling our Seaside cruise for 1-5-2019. Really wanted to experience Ocean Cay

Old news and not a good reason to cancel.

Hi Fun33,

While this is old news, I can fully understand why you would think it is new. I am annoyed that MSC have not emailed me (and most others it seems) to let us know about this change. It should not take following cruise forums to find out about these things.

I, like you, am considering cancelling. Partly because I was really excited about this Port (like MarkusToe said, it provided a day’s entertainment which can’t be replaced without extra cost), and also I don’t like the poor communication.

On the flipside I’m excited about other aspects of the ship.

I am awaiting reports of the first few sailings and will decide from there.

Hi Fun33,

While this is old news, I can fully understand why you would think it is new. I am annoyed that MSC have not emailed me (and most others it seems) to let us know about this change. It should not take following cruise forums to find out about these things.

I, like you, am considering cancelling. Partly because I was really excited about this Port (like MarkusToe said, it provided a day’s entertainment which can’t be replaced without extra cost), and also I don’t like the poor communication.

On the flipside I’m excited about other aspects of the ship.

I am awaiting reports of the first few sailings and will decide from there.

Fortunately we live in Florida. If Ocean Cay isn’t up and running 90 days prior to the sail day, we’ll just cancel and move our Seaside reservation to a future date. Agree, MSC is remiss not notifying existing passengers of this major itinerary change.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We're currently booked on the January 27 2018 sailing. We were disappointed about the initial pushback of the opening and the fact that MSC did not even send us an email letting us know. I initially wanted to cancel, but decided that the newness of the ship, combined with our first sailing in the YC would out weigh any disappointment regarding the delayed opening of Ocean Cay. If we enjoy ourselves, we'll just book the Seaside for 2020.