Explorer Newbie - 2 Questions Laundry / Black Tie

Bruce62

With just a week to go on the cruise I booked a year ago, I have two questions, one from me and one from my wife.

1. Is there a laundry onboard? FAQs mention them on the other 3 ships, but not the Explorer, so am assuming not.

2. Would I look out of place if I were to wear Black Tie / Tux one night? The cruise is only 8 days, so no official formal evenings.

I don’t want other passengers asking me to get them a drink :D

Many thanks,

With just a week to go on the cruise I booked a year ago, I have two questions, one from me and one from my wife.

1. Is there a laundry onboard? FAQs mention them on the other 3 ships, but not the Explorer, so am assuming not.

2. Would I look out of place if I were to wear Black Tie / Tux one night? The cruise is only 8 days, so no official formal evenings.

I don’t want other passengers asking me to get them a drink :D

Many thanks,

Bruce,

1. Yes, there are self-service laundry facilities on board. They've included small sofas and TVs in them on Explorer to help pass the time. Hint: The laundry on Deck 12 seems to be available more often than the others due to fewer cabins. Sshh - it's a secret. :D

2. To be honest, yes, you'd probably be one of the few wearing semi-formal wear, but if that doesn't bother you no one will say a word. As long as you're not wearing tails, I doubt someone would ask you for a drink, but even if they did you could accommodate them as alcohol is included, so it wouldn't cost you anything! LOL!!

Personally I never wear anything more than a jacket and slacks, very rarely a suit, never a tie, and definitely never a tux for me - but I have seen them. They're not common, but I understand that sometimes people like to dress...that's fine, but me? I don't see the need to pack that heavy...

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the quick replies....and mum’s the word on the deck 12 laundry ;)

I think I will leave the Tux at home, it will be strange as apart from 3 NCL cruises, I have always taken one on the other 40+ cruises. Each to their own, but as I wear jeans and T’s to the factory every day, I have never minded dressing up on holiday.

Again, thanks for the quick comprehensive replies.

Hey Bruce,

You can also call room service and request a bottle of champagne delivered to the laundry room, if you wish! :champagne-toast:

Now there's a thought.....Only trouble is that I'm an ale man🍺

I would agree with everyone that has posted. The laundry rooms are very nice on the Explorer. Just set your timer on your phone so you know when to change your loads. If you are able to change your loads within a few minutes of the loads finishing, everyone will appreciate you very much!

All the men on our trip this June brought jackets and that was fancy enough for our 12 day trip on the explorer.

P.S. I didn't know you could order room service to the laundry rooms. I love that idea, if needed next time! Ha!

I've never called for booze delivery in the laundry room (which sounds like a good idea, BTW) but I have been known to carry in my own cocktails in the past. My wife thinks it may be a case of DRUNKS*...

(*DRUNKS = Drinking on Regent Until Nobody Kares Syndrome)