Airbnb recommendations please

travelmama06

I think that's the path we're headed too...started looking last night and never done airbnb before!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have stayed in airbnb in Canada and our son hosts properties through airbnb - it's a great way to vacation especially with the hotel situation in PR - I MAY booked one with flexible cancellation which would allow us to cancel within 24 hours just in case our hotel is available - we are committed to the hotel cause we booked through airmiles - the only way we can get out of it is if the hotel cancels or we take our losses and run lol

After having a few hotels cancel on me, booked my first AirBnB near the San Juan airport for this weekend. If it's good, I will recommend.

Definitely check reviews, cancellation policy, and don't hesitate to ask questions.

Before I booked, I narrowed my search down to two. I reached out to both hosts to see if the places had power. One responded almost immediately that there was power and running water. The other one took about a half-day to respond to say there's no power (yet their listing is still posted).

Good luck.

Someone posted they'd reserved a room at Casa Cecilia; looks precious. We are confirmed at CasaBlanca for next week; they called me Sunday to confirm (besides it already has our $$$ for first night on my cc). I had reserved a King, but they are moving us to a double Queen. Don't care. At this point I'd take a cot.

Someone also posted villageinnpr.com; more in keeping with the cot theme.

I've used Airbnb all over the world and have had all good experiences. Read the reviews and you'll be good :)

You need to read reviews that are done after Irma and Maria have gone through. This is a unique situation. The host may be great, but one needs to make sure that there isn't a damage and that the rental has electric, AC and running water.

That is why I can't find one for the end of December because very few can validate they have actual power or running water. Also the cancellation terms would not allow me to get my money back if I show up and it is not inhabitable.

After having a few hotels cancel on me, booked my first AirBnB near the San Juan airport for this weekend. If it's good, I will recommend.

Definitely check reviews, cancellation policy, and don't hesitate to ask questions.

Before I booked, I narrowed my search down to two. I reached out to both hosts to see if the places had power. One responded almost immediately that there was power and running water. The other one took about a half-day to respond to say there's no power (yet their listing is still posted).

Good luck.

I am a newbie to Airbnb. I was excited to find my place. It is about 15 minutes from the airport and just blocks from the beach. Both power, air, and water are working and is in 'perfect' condition. I'm soooooo happy and can now get very excited about this cruise....

After seeing all the hotel cancellations (we're staying a few days post-cruise over Christmas) and getting cancelled ourselves, we found a great place through vrbo. Penthouse condo in the Condado (I enjoy that neighborhood) with a two level balcony terrace and the building is on the beach. The price was much lower than what we (me and my wife and my parents) would have paid for two hotel rooms, plus we get a kitchen. The owner said there currently isn't electricity in the neighborhood, but it's expected to be on by then, and if it isn't running by the end of November he would return our money. I'm pleased with the setup.

Just booked a beachfront Isla Verde airbnb through host, Yises and this is for Dec. 2. Reasonable at $120 for the night. He confirmed with me over email that there is water and power.

We have another one of Yises properties booked in the Condado area area for 3 nights at Christmas pre-cruise. It will be our first Airbnb experience, so hopefully it will be a positive one.