Latest Celebrity Sale... Are they joking?!

Sandy1975

After final payment, the price for a category can change several times a day. X uses an algorithm to determine capacity and pricing. It is pretty crazy. I used a spreadsheet to track their pricing after final payment this past TA that we were on.

c - WOW, that must have taken some time to keep updated!

bon voyage

I just changed my stateroom on 11 night Reflection November 2018 because of this sale. I had a C2 on the front hump. Moved to an AQ 1 for $50 pp. and the stateroom is directly above where I was. (At the time I booked originally, the price difference was $300 pp. so not worth it for me, )

But you never know. My trip on the Eclipse this December never went lower than I booked in July ( I booked on a day when Concierge cabins had $400 pp off because ...the Celebrity agent told me ....they weren’t selling . It was cheaper than a balcony.) So I can’t figure out any pattern to pricing. It varies by day, by category, etc. You just have to keep looking.

Yep, same here. I booked an inside on the Infinity 11/19/18 (Thanksgiving) 5 night. It was already inexpensive considering it's a holiday sailing, but I just upgraded to a Concierge balcony (c3) and added $300 OBC for only an extra $40, and they even offered me Aqua if I wanted to do an extra $140 instead. Passed on that one, Concierge is fine, but it sure pays to keep checking!

So bottom line. If you can and have the time. If you pick a cruise. Follow it and after final payment book once it drops. Not all drop im sure depends on supply and demand..

Supply and demand drives all prices - both price increases and decreases.

Actually, if would be more correct to say that prices drive demand. Without price-driven demand elasticity, cruise lines could raise their prices dramatically and still sell the same number of cabins; and there would be no reason for price drops to stimulate sales.

Edited by NantahalaCruiser