Beach - Carambola Beach Club or Spice Mill

nwcruisemamma

I LOVE reading your reviews and often book our excursions based off of your experiences. We are going to St. Kitts for the first time. I have been considering Shipwreck because of other reviews about the food and drinks. I have also been researching Cockleshell Beach, so I am undecided. It seems like the beach is nicer at Cockleshell Beach, but food and drink prices seem to be better at Shipwreck. We are traveling with a group of 17 people, ages range from 21-61. Shore snorkeling from the beach is a plus. Any input you have would be appreciated!

Also do you climb Timothy Hill on the way to both Shipwreck and Cockleshell?

Thanks so much and glad you enjoy the reviews.

Yes, you will go up/over Timothy Hill on the way to both. Cockleshell is further and takes a lot longer to get to than Shipwreck.

I personally didn't care for Cockleshell...well at least not Reggae because of how crowded and jam packed everyone was on the beach. The loungers were right up against each other. I liked Carambola a lot better. As for Shipwreck, we only walked down there for a short period of time. If (when) I go back, I'll probably go to Discovery, which is the beach bar in the middle of Carambola and Ship Wreck.

:cool:

Thanks so much and glad you enjoy the reviews.

Yes, you will go up/over Timothy Hill on the way to both. Cockleshell is further and takes a lot longer to get to than Shipwreck.

I personally didn't care for Cockleshell...well at least not Reggae because of how crowded and jam packed everyone was on the beach. The loungers were right up against each other. I liked Carambola a lot better. As for Shipwreck, we only walked down there for a short period of time. If (when) I go back, I'll probably go to Discovery, which is the beach bar in the middle of Carambola and Ship Wreck.

I want to thank you for your reviews. I used some of your recommendations on our 10 nighter 11/28-12/8.

We went to shipwreck and had a nice lazy day. I walked up to Carambola and must agree that it is pretty fancy. Beautiful spot.

Walked by Discovery and there wasn't over 6 people there and not many people at Carambola. Any of these beaches would work for us although we lean towards the rustic side. Well, I do anyway, but Ginger D has other ideas.:D

:cool:I want to thank you for your reviews. I used some of your recommendations on our 10 nighter 11/28-12/8.

We went to shipwreck and had a nice lazy day. I walked up to Carambola and must agree that it is pretty fancy. Beautiful spot.

Walked by Discovery and there wasn't over 6 people there and not many people at Carambola. Any of these beaches would work for us although we lean towards the rustic side. Well, I do anyway, but Ginger D has other ideas.:D

You are very welcome and thanks for the comment. I'm glad you enjoyed your day there. :)

[emoji41]I want to thank you for your reviews. I used some of your recommendations on our 10 nighter 11/28-12/8.

I walked from Carambola to Shipwreck a few weeks ago, we were at Carambola and Carambola had a lot of people. Discovery looked pretty deserted. Shipwreck was not crowded. I would call Shipwreck rustic, Discovery looked like a dump, and Carambola more upscale but I would not say pretty fancy. The food and drinks at Shipwreck were less cost than Carambola. Shipwreck had monkeys hanging around at the back.

b7bd6960699c93c220dd52c0a4e6f725.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

If anyone has eaten recently at Carambola, I would be interested in the food/drink prices. What would you estimate we should expect to pay in the restaurant for lunch, 2 glasses of wine, and 1 beer? Thanks so much for any info you may have as we would pay cash, not by credit card and I want to make sure I have enough cash w/me... :)