Carry bags on

engrdad

I do a load of laundry during the middle of the cruise. Some people think doing laundry while on vacation is the devil, but it's no problem for me to take an hour out of the cruise to do it. I'll get on my laptop and catch up on email and my husband goes to the gym.

Went on a week-long cruise in April this year with only a carry on and tote/backpack each for my husband and I. Even had 1 or 2 things left that were clean at the end of the week. Didn't do any laundry! Packing cubes are awesome! Rick Steves has some good YouTube videos on how to do this!

However, just went on a 5 day, plus 2 days in Charleston, and used a 24", carry-on, and a tote/backpack for the 2 of us. We weren't flying this time and were able to pack a bit more, including our snorkel masks and have a few clean items at the end.

Yes. It will save on wear & tear on your luggage (watch them load up those big bins). Just remember it has to fit through the scanner, which is larger than a carryon airport scanner. I think someone else posted the dimensions. I also don't like to worry about whether my luggage will make it to my cabin. Or whether it's going to end up in the ocean. Also no worries about things going missing. Hubby lost a set of cufflinks once - no way to know where exactly they were removed, but they were there when we left the house & gone when our luggage was delivered. Had to buy cufflinks on board the ship.

If we have FTTF, can we just carry all our bags on ourself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Since we have FTTF and can get to our cabin upon boarding without wait, we plan to do this. I double checked dimensions and we have room to spare, and we have done self dis-embark with this luggage so we know we can handle it all. It will be nice to have everything in the room and unpack all at once.

If we didn't have FTTF our large bags would be checked so they weren't taking up public space while waiting for our room to be ready.