First time in a Suite! Tell me about the Butler? Other perks?

morales family

Hello! We are on the Dawn From SJ Nov 12! First time on NCL, first time in a suite! We have a SD (Family Suite with Balcony) I have read a few posts about check in, concierge, butler...can anyone break this down for me? What does a Bulter do (I mean, I have seen Fresh Prince of BelAir, but, you know, on a ship ;)) Also, what other things should I be aware of? TIA!

Heather

You will find a tone of threads about duties of the butler on C.C., but to summarize:

The butler is responsible for everything in the suite. Don't know of anyone doing this, but he will unpack your bags and put away you clothes.

He will make sure the coffee machine is well stocked. He will remove items from cabin refrigerator. If you would like a pitcher of iced tea or juice in fridge, he will provide. If you want to dine in your suite, he will deliver and serve and clean up afterward. He will deliver afternoon snacks ( want something out of ordinary? He can provide if available on ship.) Don't like the pillows? He can bring different ones.

He will give you list of available movies and bring them to you. Problem in the cabin, call him.

You will have a cabin steward to clean and make beds each day.

The concierge handles things outside the suite such as dinner and show reservations. They usually have a few things in their back pocket and can get you in when you want.

Remember the cabin steward is paid through the service charge, but tips are appreciated. The concierge and butler are not included in that. You will find posts all over the place regarding amount given to them. It's a matter of how much they do for you. On a seven day cruise I would start at $140.00 for butler and $75.00 for the concierge. Add more or lower it depending on your experience and demands.

Your butler will take care of all things food, to start with. Each afternoon, he will bring a snack of the day. If you have a special request, he will bring that too. We ask for pb&j sandwiches some afternoons. We ask for bowls of gummy bears and M&Ms to be filled daily. Piggy Cher’s of water in the fridge.

On port days, we have breakfast in the room. There are breakfast cards with check boxes. Ignore the boxes and write what you want. Eggs over easy, omelets, filet steak, Tahitian Finch toast, bacon, sasage, ham, grilled tomato, mushrooms, breakfast potato, hash browns, coffee, juice, bread, fresh fruit, diet pepsi,

are you able to have specialty restaurant dinner in your suite? obviously you would pay the upcharge.

Yes you can, just speak with your butler a few hours prior to when you would want to eat dinner. He or she will set the table and serve each course and of course clean up afterwards.

Yes you can, just speak with your butler a few hours prior to when you would want to eat dinner. He or she will set the table and serve each course and of course clean up afterwards.

Course by course dining is not always possible. Your butler takes care of approx. 10 suites.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've had specialty dining in our room many times. No issue with the SDP. We have never had it served course by course though. Always delivered all at once.

Also, in our past four cruise, there is no longer a list of movies available to rent from the butler. They are all now available On Demand, right from your TV, free of charge. This applied to Gem, Dawn, Breakaway, Escape.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Forums mobile app

We sailed in a Haven suite for the first time last month. We did a Baltic cruise so it was very port intensive. For me, the greatest perk was early disembarkation. For example, in St. Petersburg, Russia we were off the ship and through customs in 20 minutes. We spoke to other passengers who were over TWO HOURS. Yikes. I loved that you met in the Haven lounge and they took you down the service elevator and you bypassed all lines. Bonus!

Regarding the Butler, we had breakfast on early port days ordered in. It was awesome. We also had a couple of 'sail away' parties on our balcony and our Butler was amazing bringing snacks and checking on us to see if we needed more drinks and snacks.