Is there life after having an extended balcony?

I'm in an extended balcony minisuite on the BA, and oh my god is it fantastic. Basically having your own private full size patio, full view of the sky, the rush of being at the front of the boat...

I'm on the BA again in December and excited about it as always, but I have to admit after this it will be tough to go back to the standard size window ledge/balcony.

Yes, Yes there is! Our first cruise we took a balcony and then we were hooked always looking for a bigger balcony on the next cruise. Those wrap around balconies come at a $premium for sure. So we had an extra weeks vacation last minute, booked an inside room on a pool deck and now we can cruise more often. We always look for an room close to an outside deck, quick escape to same balcony view, usually close to early morning coffee as well. Our last wrap balcony cost as much as three inside rooms on the current cruise we have booked. Other than late night we never felt we spent that much time on the balcony anyway.

Just another way to looking at cruising!

I had an extended balcony on the breakaway last December. We are going again and I booked an ocean view and I was actually sad about it so when I got the opportunity to upgrade to a balcony I took it. Its not an extended balcony but I'm glad to just have one period

Sent from my VS501 using Forums mobile app

Yes, Yes there is! Our first cruise we took a balcony and then we were hooked always looking for a bigger balcony on the next cruise. Those wrap around balconies come at a $premium for sure. So we had an extra weeks vacation last minute, booked an inside room on a pool deck and now we can cruise more often. We alwayslook for an room close to an outside deck, quick escape to same balcony view, usually close to early morning coffee as well. Our last wrap balcony cost as much as three inside rooms on the current cruise we have booked. Other than late night we never felt we spent that much time on the balcony anyway.

Just another way to looking at cruising!

Excellent Advice! Able to cruise more often and still enjoy that ocean breeze:cool:

I also had the extended balcony mini suite on my last cruise on the Breakaway and loved it, (won my upgrade bid). This time I have a deck 12 aft balcony. I try never to get anything other than an angled balcony for the extra room. Love sitting out at night reading before bed.