New Years Eve celebrations on board

MaidMarionupNorth

What experiences have been had when celebrating New Year on Celebrity. Any special meals, entertainment or celebratory activities? We are on Constellation in Dubai for New Year and are old enough to enjoy the occasion without fireworks so intend to celebrate on board, hopefully with a good number of fellow passengers.

The pool party we had on the Eclipse was great. There was a giant ice sculpture with "2014" and at midnight they push the 4 into the pool and replaced it with a 5. They handed out party hats, etc. They also had a champagne menu and you could order a bottle of champagne (at a cost of course) to be delivered to any bar on the ship at a certain time. We had a nice bottle delivered to the Martini Bar and the bartenders kept it on ice for us even while we went up to the pool party at midnight. The pool party had free champagne being handed out for a toast at midnight.

You'll definitely enjoy it!

The pool party we had on the Eclipse was great. There was a giant ice sculpture with "2014" and at midnight they push the 4 into the pool and replaced it with a 5. They handed out party hats, etc. They also had a champagne menu and you could order a bottle of champagne (at a cost of course) to be delivered to any bar on the ship at a certain time. We had a nice bottle delivered to the Martini Bar and the bartenders kept it on ice for us even while we went up to the pool party at midnight. The pool party had free champagne being handed out for a toast at midnight.

I've always been intrigued by a holiday or NYE cruise. Sounds like a lovely time.

We were on the same cruise, it was a wonderful cruise. We walked around the pool deck and found them filling thousands of champagne glasses. And we were very lucky on that cruise. The captain got permission to race to St. Maarten so that we were able to watch the fireworks. How nice is that??

I was on the NYE cruise in Dubai last year and was one of the lucky people to get off the ship and see the fireworks very close to the Burj. I heard people could see them from the ship but not really well. I have been on several NYE cruises on Celebrity (and I'll be on one again this year in Australia/NZ) and they're great. The pool deck is usually the place to be. If the weather is nasty, the fun will be inside. This makes for a very hot gathering, but still fun.