Free Cruise on Seaside - yes, really!

tencruises

Well, I am very honored and lucky to have received one of the mailers from MSC that gives me and a guest a free balcony room, including port charges, on one of 3 sailings in March/April/May of next year. Oh yes, this is happening! No???

In the beginning I was extremely excited. And that lasted a few hours from when I received it earlier in the week. However, we have young kids that are school age and we just can't take them out of school for a week, especially when none of those weeks backs up to any scheduled days off for them. My wife told me just to go by myself, which would make me feel a little guilty...well...for a minute or two....and then after that minute or two I begin asking myself if this is a trap by her where she takes off with her man Blake Shelton and never returns. HAHA.

But really...I'm a recipient of a free cruise, but I'm a loser of a free cruise. Just like my last trip on Divina, was awarded a free cruise but the dates just didn't line up for me. :( Please tell me how cool it is to be a loser. I'm gonna need your help getting through this. :mad: :D :')

Sounds like it’s time to call on close family members (I.e. grandparents if possible) to do some extended babysitting! Or take the kids out of school. If they are young, it’s not a big deal. My parents did when I was a kid all the time. My first was 8 years old and almost every year til I graduated high school. I’m taking my 8th grader out to go on Seaside in January 2018. I don’t vacation during school breaks for many reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I wish I could say I was in that situation. However, I did have a sister named Cruise'nMaMa and after she graduated high school I never saw her again. You couldn't be the same person, could you? If so, do you have babysitting availability during that timeframe??? ;)

If they were to only miss a partial week, say a max of 3 days I'd be into it. However, I just can't take them out for a full 5 day school week. This is my daughter's first year of high school and my son's first year of middle school. I just don't want them to miss that much. Not judging, but I also have my reasons.

At any rate, let me know how your adventure is on Seaside in January. I hope you have an amazing time. Spin the slots a time or two for me. And take pics, lots of them!

Well, I am very honored and lucky to have received one of the mailers from MSC that gives me and a guest a free balcony room, including port charges, on one of 3 sailings in March/April/May of next year. Oh yes, this is happening! No???

In the beginning I was extremely excited. And that lasted a few hours from when I received it earlier in the week. However, we have young kids that are school age and we just can't take them out of school for a week, especially when none of those weeks backs up to any scheduled days off for them. My wife told me just to go by myself, which would make me feel a little guilty...well...for a minute or two....and then after that minute or two I begin asking myself if this is a trap by her where she takes off with her man Blake Shelton and never returns. HAHA.

But really...I'm a recipient of a free cruise, but I'm a loser of a free cruise. Just like my last trip on Divina, was awarded a free cruise but the dates just didn't line up for me. :( Please tell me how cool it is to be a loser. I'm gonna need your help getting through this. :mad: :D :')

I'll throw in a round of drinks if you let me go. :halo:

I'll throw in a round of drinks if you let me go. :halo:

Well if you were an uninhibited female between the age of 30-50, AND my wife approved (which wouldn't have a chance in the world of that happening) then I would consider your offer. However, in the current scenario...the answer is no. Sorry. ;p :')

I wish I could say I was in that situation. However, I did have a sister named Cruise'nMaMa and after she graduated high school I never saw her again. You couldn't be the same person, could you? If so, do you have babysitting availability during that timeframe??? ;)

If they were to only miss a partial week, say a max of 3 days I'd be into it. However, I just can't take them out for a full 5 day school week. This is my daughter's first year of high school and my son's first year of middle school. I just don't want them to miss that much. Not judging, but I also have my reasons.

At any rate, let me know how your adventure is on Seaside in January. I hope you have an amazing time. Spin the slots a time or two for me. And take pics, lots of them!

Haha....sorry not your long lost sister and totally understand about the kids. Bummer you can’t go! I will definitely post about the trip. My first with MSC.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I saw you and your wife have some kind of competition to decide who gets to go on the cruise. Whoever goes gets to go with a friend. It’s a shame to not make use of a free cruise. Then whoever doesn’t get to go this time goes next time or gets a vacation later in the year? Or charge your friend who goes with you for the cruise and use that money to pay for a vacation or spa weekend for your wife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, joeyjeremiah. Yeah, I wish that was a solution. Unfortunately in the fine print it says that the person who the offer is made out to on the mailer must be sailing. Otherwise, the room will be repriced at full non-discounted rate. Or something to that effect. I'd have to double check the wording. So the winner would have to be me. ;) I commend your creative thinking though. Maybe I'll get one of those coins with two heads on it or two tails. Either way I'd win. LOL.

perakcruiser, why do you hope something like that for??? Seems a little odd to me. Be happy.

Dear Tencruises,

I do believe you now have grounds for divorce. :eek::eek::eek:

Yes, especially with the Blake Shelton thing. Who really sees anything in him anyway??? He looks like he is a bug being squeezed and his eyes are going to pop. ;p

tencruises, you sound like an awesome, caring parent. :halo: Not enough people like you out there these days.

I hope this all works out for you

~Brian

Thanks Brian! It definitely isn't easy sometimes. Then again, my mom had 5 as an eventual single parent. We only have 3 kids and both parents are here and we are WAY better off...so I just have to keep perspective. Been through the hard times, this is nothing compared to that. So free cruise or not, I'm still a winner. I'm not too worried about it, but it was nice to vent a little. I'll stop crying now. HAHA!

The real question is what is yours school districts policies on absences?

We went from a school district that had REALLY touch policies (aka, I ended up in Truancy Court because my son had PNEUMONIA and was absent for 8 days...) to one that looks at vacations as learning experiences. In our current school district, not only will they be given all their work for the time gone, but extra credit if they are willing to do a short presentation on return for their class/teacher that relates to their subject. This can be anything from differences in currencies in math, to languages in English class, plants in science or general history of an area.

For a free cruise I wouldn't hesitate to take my kids out for a week. Instead of looking what times line up, look at the weeks before and after and talk to teachers. If one of those is a few weeks before or after Easter or Spring Break, see if they can get their work for when they are gone to do over then.

Before writing it off, I would say talk to the school and their teachers and see if something can be worked out :D