MDR vs. Buffet

tcadams18

I’ve found the croissants on Princess feel like they’ve been left out overnight. On Carnival they’ve been soft. Do like the congee on Princess.

I avoid croissants as they are doing high in stuff I should not be eating.

Princess rolls are awesome nice and crispy. Cannot find that on Carnival. And they have huge platters of smoked salmon and smoked whitefish or trout.

And when you want a freshly made omelet order it at omelet station get slip hand it to crewmember who will bring it back to you along with drinks.

I avoid croissants as they are doing high in stuff I should not be eating.

Princess rolls are awesome nice and crispy. Cannot find that on Carnival. And they have huge platters of smoked salmon and smoked whitefish or trout.

And when you want a freshly made omelet order it at omelet station get slip hand it to crewmember who will bring it back to you along with drinks.

Takes forever to get drinks on Princess.

Lox and whitefish are also full of bad things. ;)

Correct, there are NOT the same items on the buffet as on the MDR menu.....the more expensive meats (rack of lamb, prime rib generally, lobster etc) are not on the buffet, you have to go to the MDR for those things

Carnival does not serve RACK of lamb on their ships either in the MDR or buffet. A lamb shank entree is on the menu in the MDR and carved to order leg of lamb is available certain evenings in the buffet carvery station. Prime Rib IS carved to order at the carvery of the buffet on nights it appears on the MDR menu. Facts matter.

Carnival makes a good faith effort to offer at least two or more of the entrees on the buffet that are featured on that evening's MDR menu. Choice in dining venues on Carnival is good.

Edited by sanmarcosman

Does the buffet have similar appetizers as the MDR? I find that I can make a meal of them sometimes without the entrees.

The times I have gone, I did not really see any appetizers, beside soup or salad bar.

I sometimes feel that way about the apps too. I usually find at least 2 or 3 apps that sound good, even if none of the entrees really do it for me. I usually end up ordering an entrée though, but often don't eat all of it, because I ate 2 apps. LOL.

We've never partaken of the buffet at dinner but it does raise another question- how busy is the buffet during the dinner hour?

A ghost town compared to breakfast and lunch.

We eat early in the MDR and have been up to Lido before the buffet line shuts down to get iced tea or cocoa, it is basically empty.