Radisson Port Canaveral

jtdlmc

Are there restaurants within walking distance? What about a store that sells beer/liquor? Can you take your own beer and sit at the pool? I notice there is a Manatee Sanctuary that looks to be within walking distance. Has anyone been there?

Facing the Radisson there is Kelsey’s next door to the left. Very good Italian, pizza and salads. To the right is Zachary’s Family Restaurant which has very good made to order breakfast. The Radisson does have a restaurant on site that is pretty good, but can be a bit expensive.

They do not want you to bring your own beer to the pool since there is a Tiki Bar right there, but if you were discreet and didn’t flaunt it I doubt they would notice. There is a Racetrack gas station nearby which would sell beer & wine.

If you want some good local beer, Florida Beer Company taproom is just up the street. For some good thai food and sushi, Thai Thai is great. There are a few really good seafood places in the port just down the road. Grills is my favorite but Fishlips is also good. Just a little bit south is Southern Charm Cafe that serves some really well done breakfast and lunch.

Has anyone stayed at the Radisson and can share your review?

We have stayed at the Radisson many times......

Pros....they have an awesome pool. The Tiki Bar is a great place to get in the cruising mood. The location is convenient to restaurants. The staff is great and go out of their way to give you a good stay. The rooms, while dated, are clean and fresh.

Cons....because their rates are usually cheaper than some of the surrounding hotels they are beginning to attract a different crowd. I never noticed this too much as I did on our stay last month.

Please know I am not a snob, but people who heavily smoke...swear...sit on the sidewalk outside our door to smoke..... and leave big bags of left over trash and chicken legs outside the door between our rooms is just not acceptable.

I “may” return to the Radisson at some point because we are on first name basis with a lot of the staff but after our last experience I may have to give it some thought.

I absolutely love the Radisson at the Port! We stay there every time we sail out of PC. I have been tempted to stay at other hotels, but haven't. PROS: THE STAFF! I honestly don't think I have stayed at ANY hotel (and we travel a lot) that has a nicer staff. Every time we stay there, they are so accommodating and pleasant. I also have to say that their shuttle system is good. You are assigned a time upon check in, on a first come basis for requests. It seems quite crowded at first, but they load you up quickly and the trip is comfortable in an air conditioned bus/van. We love the Tiki Bar. The drinks are quite good, and we also always have a bite to eat there. I have eaten dinner in the restaurant and it was good, but not great. I prefer the appetizers and burgers at the pool area. If you want to bring your own drinks, I suggest making them in your room, and bringing to the pool area. The POOL is awesome! It's beautiful with the waterfall and very relaxing. The rooms are comfortable and clean. Nothing too fancy, but what you are expecting. We always participate in the park/cruise package. Sorry, don't fly into PC, so can't comment on that. But our car has always been safe and it's awesome to hop in after the cruise and be on the road in minutes.

CONS: Can't really think of any at this moment. We always try and request a room closest to the lobby. We have also stayed at the further most building. We haven't found noise levels to be noticeable. If you can't think of any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

I absolutely love the Radisson at the Port! We stay there every time we sail out of PC. I have been tempted to stay at other hotels, but haven't. PROS: THE STAFF! I honestly don't think I have stayed at ANY hotel (and we travel a lot) that has a nicer staff. Every time we stay there, they are so accommodating and pleasant. I also have to say that their shuttle system is good. You are assigned a time upon check in, on a first come basis for requests. It seems quite crowded at first, but they load you up quickly and the trip is comfortable in an air conditioned bus/van. We love the Tiki Bar. The drinks are quite good, and we also always have a bite to eat there. I have eaten dinner in the restaurant and it was good, but not great. I prefer the appetizers and burgers at the pool area. If you want to bring your own drinks, I suggest making them in your room, and bringing to the pool area. The POOL is awesome! It's beautiful with the waterfall and very relaxing. The rooms are comfortable and clean. Nothing too fancy, but what you are expecting. We always participate in the park/cruise package. Sorry, don't fly into PC, so can't comment on that. But our car has always been safe and it's awesome to hop in after the cruise and be on the road in minutes.

CONS: Can't really think of any at this moment. We always try and request a room closest to the lobby. We have also stayed at the further most building. We haven't found noise levels to be noticeable. If you can't think of any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks! My next question was going to be about room location, so glad you mentioned requesting a room close to the lobby, I think we will do that if we decide to go with the Radisson, which I think is high possibility :D I am going to call them with some questions regarding the fly, snooze, cruise package and go from there.

We stayed 2 nights pre-cruise last week.

Pros: convenient to the cruise port, pool is beautiful, staff was very friendly, there’s a McDonald’s across the street which was good for cheap and easy breakfast before heading to the ship. There’s mini golf about a block away if you want to kill a couple hours.

Cons: I agree with the clientele comment and I’m a smoker and a generally non classy human. I tried to go out to the parking lot when I needed to smoke but people were smoking everywhere including the open air hallways (hotel has some interior doors and some exterior) which I found irritating and disrespectful to those who don’t smoke. It’s big and somewhat confusing at first. Our building (300) didn’t have an elevator which was a pain with luggage at check in/out.(You have to go to 200 or 400 and then cross over. We got very lost). I’m guessing you’re not driving but In the event you are, parking SUCKS after about 8pm. Room was pretty dated.

Overall I wasn’t upset with it, and it was fine for a short stay, but I’m not sure I’d stay there again.

there's a brand new Homewood suites across the street ....

The Homewood Suites looks nice but for a one night stay and independent transportation with the same shuttle company it will cost $70 US more - being Canadian that works out to $100 CND more, not worth it for one night unfortunately :(