Honeymoon cruise

FSU Girl

I am on the Reflection right now for my honeymoon. So far, it has been an amazing vacation (other than getting pickpocketed last night in Cartagena, but that's a whole nother post!)

We are in concierge class, which we booked mostly for cabin location. We have a balcony cabin all the way aft, with a wake view, and that has been amazing. My husband and I are in our mid thirties, and we we are definitely some of the youngest cruisers on the ship. Though that could be because of the length of the cruise (14 days). We are not much for nightlife, so can't really comment there.

Highly suggest a dining package. We have a 6 night package, and so far those nights have been the highlight of the cruise. We have not loved the MDR. The tables are placed extremely close to each other, which doesn't exactly spur romance!

Overall, highly recommend Celebrity for a honeymoon. The staff have been amazing, and every time we are in a speciality restaurant, they have acknowledged that we are honeymooners.

Have a wonderful time. We'll be boarding Reflection in two weeks and are looking forward to it. Just a tip, if you're not happy with your table placement in the MDR see the maître d and see if he/she can make a change more to your liking. We've found them to be very accommodating. Mention your honeymoon status. And be sure to take advantage of the expanded room service menu in concierge class. A nice romantic quiet breakfast for two on your balcony is a nice way to start the day.

I am on the Reflection right now for my honeymoon. So far, it has been an amazing vacation (other than getting pickpocketed last night in Cartagena, but that's a whole nother post!)

We are in concierge class, which we booked mostly for cabin location. We have a balcony cabin all the way aft, with a wake view, and that has been amazing. My husband and I are in our mid thirties, and we we are definitely some of the youngest cruisers on the ship. Though that could be because of the length of the cruise (14 days). We are not much for nightlife, so can't really comment there.

Highly suggest a dining package. We have a 6 night package, and so far those nights have been the highlight of the cruise. We have not loved the MDR. The tables are placed extremely close to each other, which doesn't exactly spur romance!

Overall, highly recommend Celebrity for a honeymoon. The staff have been amazing, and every time we are in a speciality restaurant, they have acknowledged that we are honeymooners.

Congrats on your honeymoon! Sorry about the pick pocketing, but besides that it sounds like you're really enjoying your honeymoon. How does the dining package work? For those 6 days you just pick whichever restaurant you want?

Those two are M class ships which are smaller than the newer S class ships. They aren't really small; they have around 2000+ passengers. But they are smaller than a lot of the ships cruising today. I have spent a lot of time on the Infinity, and I like it. I like the smaller size better than the larger. But there are positives and negatives about each class. To me, the biggest disadvantage to the M class is the arrangement of the buffet. It's lined up like a cafeteria, whereas on the S class there are individual stations with the different food groups. Another difference is that on M class the Concierge Veranda cabins are larger than the regular Verandas. On the S class they are all the same size.

I have been on the Constellation, but that was long ago. In May, I will be doing B2B on the Constellation win the Med and Adriatic. If you want to go to Venice, the S class ships cannot go there. Since the Infinity and the Constellation are just alike, I think your choice should be based on which itinerary you like the best.

Carolyn

How are the constellation and infinity? It looks like these boats are old and small, but their itineraries to Venice look really nice

They're both beautiful ships and we'll maintained. I wouldn't hesitate to sail again on either one. They do not however have Murano on them.

Those two are M class ships which are smaller than the newer S class ships. They aren't really small; they have around 2000+ passengers. But they are smaller than a lot of the ships cruising today. I have spent a lot of time on the Infinity, and I like it. I like the smaller size better than the larger. But there are positives and negatives about each class. To me, the biggest disadvantage to the M class is the arrangement of the buffet. It's lined up like a cafeteria, whereas on the S class there are individual stations with the different food groups. Another difference is that on M class the Concierge Veranda cabins are larger than the regular Verandas. On the S class they are all the same size.

I have been on the Constellation, but that was long ago. In May, I will be doing B2B on the Constellation win the Med and Adriatic. If you want to go to Venice, the S class ships cannot go there. Since the Infinity and the Constellation are just alike, I think your choice should be based on which itinerary you like the best.

Carolyn

Thank you this is really helpful. I don't mind the smaller ships some of the really big ones I think have too much going on. Are the shows similar on both type ships? If I were to do a M class would you recommend the concierge since those rooms are bigger?

They're both beautiful ships and we'll maintained. I wouldn't hesitate to sail again on either one. They do not however have Murano on them.

That's good to hear they are well maintained. Murano is one of the speciality restaurants correct? Is that something that would make you pick the newer ships more?

Thank you this is really helpful. I don't mind the smaller ships some of the really big ones I think have too much going on. Are the shows similar on both type ships? If I were to do a M class would you recommend the concierge since those rooms are bigger?

If it's a longer itinerary and the cost isn't significantly more I'd do concierge class. . I'd only pay $100 more per person more max per person, but that's just me. The shows on the two classes if ship are relatively similar.

That's good to hear they are well maintained. Murano is one of the speciality restaurants correct? Is that something that would make you pick the newer ships more?

Yes, it's a specialty restaurant, and our favorite. The M-class ships used to have Ocean Liners which had the same menu as Murano, but sadly they are gone. Although we love Murano, and don't bother with any of the other specialty restaurants available on the M-class ships any more, we'd choose our cruise based on the itinerary we liked best. If all things were equal then we would choose the ships that had Murano, i.e. S-class.

The difference is only 20 sq. ft., but I like having that extra space. Also, the location on the ship tends to be better with Concierge class. To me it usually boils down to price. Sometimes there is a large difference for Concierge, and I don't think it is worth it. But, other times there is not a huge price difference.

Another consideration is points in the Captain's Club. You get more points per day in Concierge than in standard veranda. Even if you don't know if you will ever sail again, you should register for Captain's Club. It doesn't cost anything and you may end up cruising on Celebrity in the future. As you get more points, the benefits increase.

Carolyn