Dawn - San Juan- Entertainment ?

oh2cruise

Any recent cruisers out of San Juan with a 9 pm departure. What time was the "Welcome Aboard Show" ? Is it before the Dawn actually departs? Is there a "sail away" party on pool deck? Or elsewhere? Just trying to make some mental plans & notes. Thanks!!!!

Good question! I think the Dawn just recently arrived in San Juan from the USA repositioning. Would be interested in knowing the answer to this also after the next departure.

Any recent cruisers out of San Juan with a 9 pm departure. What time was the "Welcome Aboard Show" ? Is it before the Dawn actually departs? Is there a "sail away" party on pool deck? Or elsewhere? Just trying to make some mental plans & notes. Thanks!!!!

The welcome show is at 9pm. Kind of sucks but with a late departure there aren’t a lot of options.

The welcome party should start around 5pm with a poolside bbq.

There are two muster drills. An early one around 4:30pm and a later one around 8:30pm. You only need to go to one or the other. I would suggest the early one if your want to go to the show.

Times may very slightly for each sailing but those are the general San Juan late departure timeframes.

The welcome show is at 9pm. Kind of sucks but with a late departure there aren’t a lot of options.

There are two muster drills. An early one around 4:30pm and a later one around 8:30pm. You only need to go to one or the other. I would suggest the early one if your want to go to the show.

Times may very slightly for each sailing but those are the general San Juan late departure timeframes.

Great info! Thanks very much

You didn't say how you gathered this information, can you share? It doesn't sound like you're on the ship as the information isn't as definitive as I would expect if you were reading from the Daily.

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the Dawn on November 12th.

Welcome Aboard show was at 8:30.

On the first day, there was a party by the pool at 5:00.

Muster was only at one time -- at 4:30 -- not two. I'm assuming there was a make-up muster the next day.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you Brookie848! This is exactly the info I was hoping to find.

Hope you had a wonderful cruise!!!

We haven't been on NCL for about 2 years and we are looking forward to our 12/17 cruise.

Any highlights of your vacation that you would like to share would certainly be appreciated.

Thanks again!!

Thank you Brookie848! This is exactly the info I was hoping to find.

Hope you had a wonderful cruise!!!

We haven't been on NCL for about 2 years and we are looking forward to our 12/17 cruise.

Any highlights of your vacation that you would like to share would certainly be appreciated.

Thanks again!!

Our favorite port was Antigua. We went to Beach Limerz and had an outstanding day. It is by far the best beach we've been to in five cruises.

Our favorite bar was Gatsby's. The bartenders and servers were outstanding. We ate four nights in Aqua. For three of those, we had Rowena as our server. We requested her after having her wait on us the second time we ate there. She was excellent. My favorite meal was in Cagney's.

We enjoyed the shows, but found the seats to be uncomfortable after 40 minutes or so.

We were cleared early for most of the ports, including the last day in San Juan. I believe we cleared by 6:30 or 6:45. There are plenty of taxis available in San Juan -- do not be concerned about that. Prices are regulated, so no worries about being ripped off.

We got to the port around 12:00 or 12:30 for embarkation and it was pretty crowded and hot. We waited in a decently long line to go through security. Once inside the port, there wasn't any air conditioning, but we didn't have to wait long inside because we were in a suite.

This was a wonderful cruise and I hope you enjoy your trip!

Do you know what is the earliest time we can board?

Technically, it was noon for the San Juan cruises. I'm not sure if they started earlier or not. Honestly, I wouldn't want to get there much earlier right now. There was no air conditioning in the port, so it's not as if you'd be waiting in comfort.

Again, thank you!

We too are in a suite, and are looking forward to an easy embarkation... our last cruise on NCL the suites had a separate waiting area with snacks... maybe with the unfortunate aftermath of Maria, they cannot provide this... no worries... this is no big deal at all.

We have some specialty dinners arranged, but certainly not one for every night. Was debating between Aqua & Venetian for the other nights... Too bad NCL doesn't have a private dining room for dinners as well as breakfast & lunch... Celebrity does this very well now... hopefully NCL will adopt this practice down the road.

From 11/19 Cruise Freestyle Daily

4:30 Mandatory Life Boat Drill, I did mine at 11am the next day in the Venetian as I wasn't onboard by 4:30

8:30 Welcome Aboard show

9:30 Sunday Night Football game shown in O'Sheehan's (3rd game of the day)

11pm Movie shown in atrium

Stardust Theater Showtimes 7pm and 9pm, Elements had one show at 6:30 instead of 7pm

Sent from my iPad using Forums