Cruising with platinum members in group

NavyEmt

I need someone to help point me in the right direction here. MY wife and I are going on the Vista in a few weeks with my Parents who happen to be platinum members and I got huge question about cruising with them. Since they are platinum and they get priority debarkation can I piggy back off of them to also get off with them or do we all got to wait til my zone is called? And before anyone points out that they do not have to wait with us, I know that but I will have the car keys and I'm driving so I don't think they want to wait outside for me.

Yes....since your all part of family, you can tag along. I just did it last year. I am platinum but my wife isn't but of course she was with me. But I also cruised with my daughter and son-in-law and they went through with us.

Yes....since your all part of family, you can tag along. I just did it last year. I am platinum but my wife isn't but of course she was with me. But I also cruised with my daughter and son-in-law and they went through with us.

Were they booked with you? MY parents heard that I was going to be going and decided that they were bored and want to come along also.

LOL...Conveniently bored!!! I made the reservations...but they had their own cabin and were responsible for their own S&S.... So I basically played travel agent for them. They went on the website and did all the precruise stuff themselves

It may depend on the port whether they will allow other non-platinum members not in the same room board/check-in with you. I traveled with 3 rooms, all linked. Two rooms had platinum status due to the occupants, however, my son (24) and his wife in room 3 were NOT allowed to check in or wait in platinum area with us. So, we simply checked in with them. This happened in Baltimore and Port Canaveral.

I agree that they won't be able to check in with them and this was true as recently as October in Miami. However, OPs question is about Debarkation. They will be able to bring non Platinum members with getting off the ship.

I need someone to help point me in the right direction here. MY wife and I are going on the Vista in a few weeks with my Parents who happen to be platinum members and I got huge question about cruising with them. Since they are platinum and they get priority debarkation can I piggy back off of them to also get off with them or do we all got to wait til my zone is called? And before anyone points out that they do not have to wait with us, I know that but I will have the car keys and I'm driving so I don't think they want to wait outside for me.

Well ,as you said you have the keys :D The Platinum member will receive luggage tags the last evening of the cruise ,which they actually wont be needing as their sail and sign card will suffice . Cut the tags off your luggage and place the the numbered tags that your Platinum friends so happily donated to you. Of course this is only if you debark with all your luggage in hand.

The Platinum member will receive notification of what time and where to meet for debarkation. Make sure you receive this information :cool:

Well ,as you said you have the keys [emoji3] The Platinum member will receive luggage tags the last evening of the cruise ,which they actually wont be needing as their sail and sign card will suffice . Cut the tags off your luggage and place the the numbered tags that your Platinum friends so happily donated to you. Of course this is only if you debark with all your luggage in hand.

The Platinum member will receive notification of what time and where to meet for debarkation. Make sure you receive this information [emoji41]

If you debark with all your luggage as in Self Assist, you don’t put any tags on your bags. That’s only if you want to leave them out the night before. All they need to do is meet the Platinum Guests at the Reflections dining room at the designated time.

If you debark with all your luggage as in Self Assist, you don’t put any tags on your bags. That’s only if you want to leave them out the night before. All they need to do is meet the Platinum Guests at the Reflections dining room at the designated time.

True ,but Diamond then Platinum before self assist . The non Diamond / Platinum member will need that luggage # or they could be stopped ,back tracked and waiting for self assist.

Editing ,I should mention that works on most ships, some times it's a free for all . :)

Edited by BoDidly

True ,but Diamond then Platinum before self assist . The non Diamond / Platinum member will need that luggage # or they could be stopped ,back tracked and waiting for self assist.

Nope. Diamond/Platinum self assist before everyone, then FTTF self assist, followed by deck self assist, then luggage tags starting with D/P/FTTF, followed by tag numbers.

Nope. Diamond/Platinum self assist before everyone, then FTTF self assist, followed by deck self assist, then luggage tags starting with D/P/FTTF, followed by tag numbers.

I politely disagree.... AS I stated above...I just did what the OP asked :cool:

Diamond , Platinum ,FTTF then self assist.:D

I politely disagree.... AS I stated above...I just did what the OP asked :cool:

Diamond , Platinum ,FTTF then self assist.:D

As a Platinum member myself who always does self assist because I have early flights to catch, it is always Diamond/Platinum Self Assist followed by all other self assists, then people who placed their luggage out. I will attach for you the instructions I received in my cabin last month on Glory.

As we were lining up, they were making sure no one had numbered tags as the luggage wasn’t off yet. I was standing in line outside of the Golden Dining Room next to the couches on the Port side where they were setting up the machines and roped off areas to get off the ship. Once that was done they began letting people off. Once again, it was only self assist - no luggage tags no matter what level you were.

280a0edf5050c95a62a41f6a409d121f.jpg

As a Platinum myself, but one that they need to drag kicking and screaming off the ship each voyage, but still visits the priority debarkation lounge quite often (less crowded than the Lido for morning caffeine and sugary snacks) I can attest to the full debarkation process.

First off all Priority passengers doing self assist that want the priority access must meet in the designated lounge or MDR. At this juncture they generally only check 1 family member's S&S card to insure they are in the right area. Most of the time self assist is dismissed from the lounge in this order Diamonds, next Platinum, then Suite and special event guests, and finally FttF. After a certain amount of time, usually minutes before they start releasing general passengers from the main show lounge they will not allow anymore self assist passengers in the Priority lounge/MDR and they are on there own to get through the crowds heading to the gangway.

As the Priority area is emptying of self assist the relaxed debarkation passengers will start arriving. Many times for this the crew members will check every adult's S&S card (or priority invitation/instructions) to insure they have the right to be there. As the CBP tells the crew what zones #s are cleared and sorted, Priority passengers will be dismissed from the lounge/MDR by their zone number. This could happen as early as the first few general self assist decks are called, but it is more common in my experience to happen about 1/2 to 2/3 of way through general SA. These initial announcements of zone #s are not made over the ship's PA, only in the Priority lounge/MDR. Once they start announcing the zone #'s over the ship's PA (about 30 minutes after they release the first set of priority zones) the crew tends to shut down the Priority debarkation area. Again even with Priority, eligible passengers will now have to contend with the more crowded debarkation area.

As to the OP's question can they Priority zone debark with their Platinum parents, the only real answer is MAYBE. It will all depend if the crew is being vigilant about checking priority status to enter the priority lounge. So all I'll say is get the your parents to give your their zone # tags and they request more from GS the day before debarkation, and hope for the best. Go together as one family to the priority area and if they let all of you in be thankful. If not all of you can decide to wait elsewhere. At least you have a low zone number, the same as your parents so you will disembark at the same time just not as fast as the priority but at least at the head of general disembarkation.

I'm trying to figure out which part of "my opinion" there is to disagree with since it's not an opinion, but rather stating the facts and I don't see where I said anything different :confused:.

Factually speaking, there is nothing that states family in a different cabin can piggyback off a Platinum member's priority disembarkation. That being said, if you tell the people checking cards that you are together they will usually allow all of you to disembark together (or just give one of your Platinum cards to one of the parents since I have never seen them ask for both of the couple's cards).

As a Platinum myself, but one that they need to drag kicking and screaming off the ship each voyage, but still visits the priority debarkation lounge quite often (less crowded than the Lido for morning caffeine and sugary snacks) I can attest to the full debarkation process.

First off all Priority passengers doing self assist that want the priority access must meet in the designated lounge or MDR. At this juncture they generally only check 1 family member's S&S card to insure they are in the right area. Most of the time self assist is dismissed from the lounge in this order Diamonds, next Platinum, then Suite and special event guests, and finally FttF. After a certain amount of time, usually minutes before they start releasing general passengers from the main show lounge they will not allow anymore self assist passengers in the Priority lounge/MDR and they are on there own to get through the crowds heading to the gangway.

As the Priority area is emptying of self assist the relaxed debarkation passengers will start arriving. Many times for this the crew members will check every adult's S&S card (or priority invitation/instructions) to insure they have the right to be there. As the CBP tells the crew what zones #s are cleared and sorted, Priority passengers will be dismissed from the lounge/MDR by their zone number. This could happen as early as the first few general self assist decks are called, but it is more common in my experience to happen about 1/2 to 2/3 of way through general SA. These initial announcements of zone #s are not made over the ship's PA, only in the Priority lounge/MDR. Once they start announcing the zone #'s over the ship's PA (about 30 minutes after they release the first set of priority zones) the crew tends to shut down the Priority debarkation area. Again even with Priority, eligible passengers will now have to contend with the more crowded debarkation area.

As to the OP's question can they Priority zone debark with their Platinum parents, the only real answer is MAYBE. It will all depend if the crew is being vigilant about checking priority status to enter the priority lounge. So all I'll say is get the your parents to give your their zone # tags and they request more from GS the day before debarkation, and hope for the best. Go together as one family to the priority area and if they let all of you in be thankful. If not all of you can decide to wait elsewhere. At least you have a low zone number, the same as your parents so you will disembark at the same time just not as fast as the priority but at least at the head of general disembarkation.

I thought suite people only received embarkation perks not debarkation. :cool: