Cruising with platinum members in group

NavyEmt

You'll want to make sure that your luggage also ends up in the #1 section, as sometimes the higher # luggage isn't put out yet (small terminal) or they won't let you access it. To do that, your parents could either give you one of their extra tags (we always get way too many delivered in our cabin) or they could go to the Guest Services desk and ask for 2 more tags.

CeleBrat

Factually speaking, there is nothing that states family in a different cabin can piggyback off a Platinum member's priority disembarkation.

Not quite true. Carnival welcomes up to five per diamond and platinum guest for priority disembark from the ship and priority tendering.

We’ve cruised with other couples many times and they’ve walked off with us.

After reading the entire thread about luggage tags you don’t need any if you self-disembark. We give our Zone 1 tags to table mates if they want.

The Liberty just finished a 14 day with 1300 diamonds and plats aboard. Bet that line was nuts.

Not quite true. Carnival welcomes up to five per diamond and platinum guest for priority disembark from the ship and priority tendering.

After reading the entire thread about luggage tags you don’t need any if you self-disembark. We give our Zone 1 tags to table mates if they want.

The Liberty just finished a 14 day with 1300 diamonds and plats aboard. Bet that line was nuts.

Glad that was one I missed . Entitled people vs Elite entitled people ;p Some ships have entire rooms set aside for Diamond members only ,then a separate room for all others .

Except Sunshine were they fling them all together in one room. I always said Platinum was a dime a dozen,the Diamond's are quickly catching up now. :confused:

Thank you. I knew that was correct. I remember seeing it on here before I was Platinum. I of all people wouldn’t skate around the rules and that’s why I brought the additional people to debark with me. Actually the 2 on Vista ended up at the Reflections dining room before my mom and me (we were in the same cabin) because I followed her and we ended up at the forward entrance of the dining room when we needed the midship one. What can I say, that is the only ship that I was totally directionally challenged on even by the end of the cruise! We had to go back up the elevator, over, and down to go to the right place. My friends were there waiting. They told the lady that they were with a Platinum member and she let them stay but when I arrived, we let her know they were with me and it was all good.

Also this last time on Glory for our first stop in Grand Cayman we had a private tour and needed to get off ASAP. Out of the 10, 4 were Platinum and they had no issue going in with us to the Golden Dining Room to obtain #1 tender stickers. Well, the one couple got separated from us at first and they wouldn’t give them the sticker until I showed her my card and said they were with me. They got their stickers no problem.

You'll want to make sure that your luggage also ends up in the #1 section, as sometimes the higher # luggage isn't put out yet (small terminal) or they won't let you access it. To do that, your parents could either give you one of their extra tags (we always get way too many delivered in our cabin) or they could go to the Guest Services desk and ask for 2 more tags.

CeleBrat

From what I gather, they are doing self assist so no tags needed. Otherwise I would agree that they should all get the lower tag numbers so they could get off together and their bags will be on the same carousel.

Boarding, Platinum guests are only allowed to bring a roommate for priority boarding. Disembark, get extra #1 luggage tags and have your family go with you to the assigned platinum lounge. Nobody checks SS cards there. I don't fell any rule or trust is broken since trying to find family or friends among the thousands of people getting off and the ones waiting to board can be a nightmare even with cell phones.

When we traveled with our kids we wanted to ensure they boarded with us- we are platinum and they are not. We simply split the booking and it fixed everything. They boarded priority with us and were able to do priority debarkation at tender ports too. Interestingly enough they even gave them the platinum gift. I think that was a mistake, and doesn’t always happen tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When we traveled with our kids we wanted to ensure they boarded with us- we are platinum and they are not. We simply split the booking and it fixed everything. They boarded priority with us and were able to do priority debarkation at tender ports too. Interestingly enough they even gave them the platinum gift. I think that was a mistake, and doesn’t always happen tho.

Minors are an exception to the boarding rule and they will be allowed to check in with the parents that are Priority. Also if there is one Platinum member in each cabin, then the cabin mate also gets to board with them.

The old credit card trick of booking multiple cabins using the Platinum member’s card doesn’t work anymore, however.

Minors are an exception to the boarding rule and they will be allowed to check in with the parents that are Priority. Also if there is one Platinum member in each cabin, then the cabin mate also gets to board with them.

The old credit card trick of booking multiple cabins using the Platinum member’s card doesn’t work anymore, however.

That’s what I meant about splitting the booking.... neither of them were minors when we did this. One was 18 and the other 21.

Agreed- diamond and platinum get the all clear first. They do not have to be self assist. This is how we have debarked as well.

See posts 21&22. Diamond/Platinum gets to leave first in their respective groups. So Diamond/Platinum Self Assist goes before other self assist and Diamond/Platinum luggage tags go before other luggage tags. However, ALL Self Assist go before ALL luggage tags including Diamond/Platinum.

This is because it takes time to get the luggage off so while they are unloading it, they let the people who are carrying off theirs go first so tags #1 and 2 aren’t standing around with no or only some of their bags on the carousels.

Agreed- diamond and platinum get the all clear first. They do not have to be self assist. This is how we have debarked as well.

Hmmm......there seems to be a lot of different versions of P/D/FTTF Priority disembarkation!:confused: It seems each ship (meaning Staff) "may" interpret it differently?

The Elation 2 weeks ago, disembarkation was a mess..... Priority meant nothing, only self assist debarked early........ It was 9:30am (S/A started at 7:30am), before we were cleared to debark and pick up our Zone1 luggage? What's up with that!!!:p

Hmmm......there seems to be a lot of different versions of P/D/FTTF Priority disembarkation![emoji782] It seems each ship (meaning Staff) "may" interpret it differently?

The Elation 2 weeks ago, disembarkation was a mess..... Priority meant nothing, only self assist debarked early........ It was 9:30am (S/A started at 7:30am), before we were cleared to debark and pick up our Zone1 luggage? What's up with that!!!:p

It’s been the same as the papers I put in the posts 21 and 22 every Carnival cruise I have been on since 2013 as it should. Self assist has always had precedence over luggage tags since they don’t have to worry about you standing around waiting for your bags. In fact I missed Priority Self Assist on Conquest as they went super early. When I was still in my cabin, they started calling for self assist by decks. They announced that after all Self Assist were off, then they would start calling luggage tag numbers. This would start at #1 which is Diamond/Platinum.

Edited by firemanbobswife

Hmmm......there seems to be a lot of different versions of P/D/FTTF Priority disembarkation!:confused: It seems each ship (meaning Staff) "may" interpret it differently?

Perhaps it varies by debarkation rather than by ship. Maybe there was a hold up with security getting the luggage or baggage claim area cleared to receive guests and they wanted to speed along the process. I know when we did a relo cruise on the Dream our experience was less than stellar... Platinum/Diamonds were told that they could debark and claim our luggage- but after we walked off of the ship, got into a very warm long hallway we found the garage style doors that would lead into the baggage claim area were still closed. We then waited 30-45 minutes in a hot hallway when we could have just stayed on the ship... ugh! We were never offered an explanation only that they were not ready. We are not sure how the ship did not get that memo.

But I think "ideally" platinums and diamond luggage is supposed to be handled first, when it is ready, they are given the signal to debark. Then during "self-assist" they are working on the zones to try to get ahead.

We don't live in a perfect world... mistakes happen...

I still don’t understand what you mean by “splitting the booking”.

We booked the cruise with me and my daughter in one cabin and my husband and my son in the other. We have done that for years when they sailed with us when they were younger, but for entirely different reasons. We were instructed by our PVP that the only way to ensure that they would be permitted to board with us was to split our booking because one person in each cabin could board with a platinum or diamond guest.

We booked the cruise with me and my daughter in one cabin and my husband and my son in the other. We have done that for years when they sailed with us when they were younger, but for entirely different reasons. We were instructed by our PVP that the only way to ensure that they would be permitted to board with us was to split our booking because one person in each cabin could board with a platinum or diamond guest.

Yes that is correct. It doesn’t matter who or what age the other person is. If there is one Platinum in each cabin, then the cabin mates get to board with the Platinum cruiser. Their individual boarding pass will also say Priority so it’s a non issue.

Just got off a ship on Saturday. Self Assist Diamonds went first, then self assist Platinums, then claim ticket numbers #1 through #3, then remaining Self Assist, then remaining claim tickets. Anyone who reached the departure area that did not fit into the categories called were turned around and told to come back when their category was called. Needless to say there were lots of category-crashing people who were angry, but the crew did not relent and did a very good job. Maybe the "jumpers" will learn a lesson, probably not.

Just got off a ship on Saturday. Self Assist Diamonds went first, then self assist Platinums, then claim ticket numbers #1 through #3, then remaining Self Assist, then remaining claim tickets. Anyone who reached the departure area that did not fit into the categories called were turned around and told to come back when their category was called. Needless to say there were lots of category-crashing people who were angry, but the crew did not relent and did a very good job. Maybe the "jumpers" will learn a lesson, probably not.

Which ship was this? I have never seen it work this way for any of my cruises. They were all like I previously described and showed the debarkation letters for. I have also included the one from Vista. You can clearly see that those with luggage tags are told to arrive much later - a full 45 minutes later. That is to allow all of the Priority and non Priority self assist off.

e12d35e53485f758d8c9f9266a09e290.jpg

It was the Freedom and it was a Journeys cruise that had 1200+ platinums and 180+ Diamonds. The average age was 63 and there were many wheelchairs/scooters. I do not care what your letter said since it only addressed Platinums. You cannot infer anything about how the rest of the ship was treated or what the debarkation sequence actually was. On the Freedom this past weekend, the effort was to get the checked luggage priority people into the mix with the remainder of the self-debark non-priority because the tags 1 through 3 were all diamond and platinum people. In actual fact, this also gave them their "priority" over the rest of the luggage tag people. Actually killed 2 birds with 1 stone. So what was really happening is that the remaining luggage tag "priority" people (diamond and platinum) were actually being filtered into the deck by deck release of the remaining self-debarking non priority people. Seemed to work quite well.

It was the Freedom and it was a Journeys cruise that had 1200+ platinums and 180+ Diamonds. The average age was 63 and there were many wheelchairs/scooters. I do not care what your letter said since it only addressed Platinums. You cannot infer anything about how the rest of the ship was treated or what the debarkation sequence actually was. On the Freedom this past weekend, the effort was to get the checked luggage priority people into the mix with the remainder of the self-debark non-priority because the tags 1 through 3 were all diamond and platinum people. In actual fact, this also gave them their "priority" over the rest of the luggage tag people. Actually killed 2 birds with 1 stone. So what was really happening is that the remaining luggage tag "priority" people (diamond and platinum) were actually being filtered into the deck by deck release of the remaining self-debarking non priority people. Seemed to work quite well.

Since Journey cruises have a lot of Priority Guests, I can see why they may have done it this way. On the typical Caribbean cruises I have been on, that was not the case. I understand they don't even offer FTTF on Journeys cruises due to the large amount of Diamond and Platinum guests.

And yes, I can attest to the actual sequence on my cruises because before I was Platinum, I had FTTF and it was exactly the same. On the Vista I gave my sister my #1 luggage tags since they brought practically every piece of clothing her and the girls owned and there was no way they could do self assist. She can attest that it was exactly as I described. Besides, each time I was waiting to debark, they kept going through the dining room telling people that this was ONLY for people who are doing self assist. Anyone with a luggage tag could not debark at that time as the luggage wasn't ready yet. Same thing on Conquest when I missed Priority self assist and they started calling by decks. As I got off the glass elevator there was a crew member there double checking that I was doing self assist as NO luggage numbers were being called at that time.

While I have heard people say this I have never seen anything in writing and no one has ever been able to provide proof. Can you provide the URL from the Carnival website that states this?