Guarantee stateroom taken away after assigned?

melodyesch

DH and I booked a guarantee balcony yesterday for a Pearl sailing in January. We normally book a midship balcony, but this is an extra trip for us so we’re having to budget a lot more.

Anyway, today I logged on and we’ve already been assigned a stateroom. It’s an awesome midship balcony that I would have chosen myself if we had booked in that category! Yay!

But since I’ve never booked guarantee before, is it likely we’ll keep that stateroom or it it likely they’ll shuffle us around as the ship fills up? I’ll be happy with whatever balcony we end up with, but I’ll be REALLY happy if we end up in that sweet midship.

Anyone with experience in this?

Its very rare, but possible, that your room could be reassigned. Example - if you're in a stateroom that holds 4 passengers and they need it, they may bump you into one that holds 2 or 3. So rare I wouldn't even worry about it. This is the risk you take for the good guarantee price.

DH and I booked a guarantee balcony yesterday for a Pearl sailing in January. We normally book a midship balcony, but this is an extra trip for us so we’re having to budget a lot more.

Anyway, today I logged on and we’ve already been assigned a stateroom. It’s an awesome midship balcony that I would have chosen myself if we had booked in that category! Yay!

But since I’ve never booked guarantee before, is it likely we’ll keep that stateroom or it it likely they’ll shuffle us around as the ship fills up? I’ll be happy with whatever balcony we end up with, but I’ll be REALLY happy if we end up in that sweet midship.

NCL often assigns GTY cabins at the time of booking. While they can move you (and anyone whether GTY or not) around, it is very rare that they do it.

It would be rare, but they can change it, and it has happened.

that is part of the deal.

They changed our Mini-Suite GTY to a balcony GTY a few years ago on the Breakaway two days before we were set to leave. We had our TA fight to get our room back. It took a few agonizing hours, but we did get what we paid for. Because of this experience, we will never book a GTY again.

We've done about 6 gty's over the years and never had our cabin changed until this past October on Sky to Cuba. On check in we were told we had a change & naturally assumed it would be an upgrade due to our platinum status. No such luck. Exactly the same category but one floor up. Smallest cabin we've ever had.

It would be rare, but they can change it, and it has happened.

that is part of the deal.

Happened to our party on the Gem a couple of years ago. We booked through a TA and had an assigned Balcony and a guarantee Inside. We didn't realise that the Inside was guarantee (although the price should have given it away) The Inside was assigned as opposite the balcony, it also happened to be the Inside we'd had on our first trip on the Gem. We were all happy at the arrangement until about five weeks out when the Inside was reassigned, it was still close by but not opposite. The reassigned cabin was in a corner and according to our daughter was very close to the anchor chains. Didn't stop any of us enjoying the cruise.