Infinity Going To The Dogs?

Sandtrap328

I agree that people should not be able to take pets to places only service animals are allowed! Unfortunately, many people can justify anything in their own minds. “My sweet little Fluffykins won’t bother anyone, and I really, really need her with me so she won’t need to stay in that scary kennel with all those brutes.” They don’t recognize or admit that Fluffykins is an untrained, uncivilized (and whose fault is that?) yapping, nipping, nasty menace. Nor do they recognize or admit that what they do is disrespectful, and ultimately harmful, to those who truly need service animals.

Incidentally it’s not only people who suffer from seizures who have “invisible” reasons for needing service animals. I’ve met several vets with PTSD who - at first glance- display no visible need for a service animal.

I don't mind seeing genuine service dogs in confined places, such as aircraft & cruise ships.

And I don't mind seeing pet dogs & cats in carriers under the aircraft seat or in the terminal.

But I do object to sharing space with unconfined/ leashed nipping, jumping, licking, yapping, crapping critters onboard. More so, their stupid owners who refuse to control them/ clean up their piles & puddles.

I love (not really) the excuses given, such as: "Scruffy just wants to say hello." as I'm being jumped & slurped on.

Or after being nipped: "Oh, it's just a little kiss." :mad:

I agree that people should not be able to take pets to places only service animals are allowed! Unfortunately, many people can justify anything in their own minds. “My sweet little Fluffykins won’t bother anyone, and I really, really need her with me so she won’t need to stay in that scary kennel with all those brutes.” They don’t recognize or admit that Fluffykins is an untrained, uncivilized (and whose fault is that?) yapping, nipping, nasty menace. Nor do they recognize or admit that what they do is disrespectful, and ultimately harmful, to those who truly need service animals.

Incidentally it’s not only people who suffer from seizures who have “invisible” reasons for needing service animals. I’ve met several vets with PTSD who - at first glance- display no visible need for a service animal.

That's what I like about the Delta policy change. All it is saying is since Emotional Support Animals (ESA) are NOT covered by the American with Disabilities Act (ADA), extra steps are necessary to mitigate the inherent risk to other passengers safety (asthma, allergies, biting, germs, etc). You need to be able to show that the animal is safe to have onboard, and you have some type of documentation (medical or psychological) showing the animal is needed.

That's what I like about the Delta policy change. All it is saying is since Emotional Support Animals (ESA) are NOT covered by the American with Disabilities Act (ADA), extra steps are necessary to mitigate the inherent risk to other passengers safety (asthma, allergies, biting, germs, etc). You need to be able to show that the animal is safe to have onboard, and you have some type of documentation (medical or psychological) showing the animal is needed.

Also the new system at Delta places the liability on the pax with the animal. Any cost or damage is on the pax- including attorneys fees.