Infinity Going To The Dogs?

Sandtrap328

A little off topic but I have been forced on occasion recently to use a scooter mostly when going to some of the big box stores. You would not believe how stupid people are when you are driving one of these scooters. They walk in front of you, cut across because they need at that moment to get to the other side of the aisle, things they would not do if there was just a person there instead of a person in a chair.

I agree with you dkjretired. I have severe osteoarthritis and sciatic nerve trouble, have survived mini strokes and a brain haemorrhage. I hire a scooter to take on cruises as I have limited energy for the day and activities/excursions. If not using the scooter I have to use a walker or crutches. I think kind people would be surprised if they tried using a scooter etc for a while and saw the way some people treated the disabled. They will positively rush to get in front of you for a queue, or on a ship a lift. I don't use a scooter when at home so I do drive one tentatively when on a cruise ship as I don't want to drive into people. I reverse carefully - in my fit days I used to reverse a 7.5 ton horse box without any problem at all. So I am grateful to Celebrity for making my cruise enjoyment a little easier. I have to say the staff on the Celebrity ships I have travelled on have gone out of their way to be thoughtful eg the lady in the restrooms who would have no thought of tip would rush ahead of me to open the disabled toilet door and the wait til I had got in and then operate it to close! The staff in the Oceanview will often offer to help carry items for me...... just really thoughtful which is so appreciated.

Regarding service dogs I am appalled at some of the experiences of people on here and I would agree with the consensus that any bone fide service dog would have been well trained. The only 'invisible' disability I can think of for a service dog would be those who are trained to foretell an epileptic fit for example.

Just a question. Who is responsible if one of these dogs bites a passenger or if a passenger is injured by someone using a mobility scooter?

Good questions!

Also, what's the legal angle if a passenger bites a dog? Will it vary in different parts of the world? USA? China? Malta? Chile?

And mobility scooters leaking in a public thoroughfare or in a dining room?

On our last cruise, there were two seniors both with scooters. They had a dog who was dressed up better than many passengers. Husband got up from the scooter and hustled over to the Cafe al Bacio to get pastry, more than once. Then we had the lady with the dog in the stroller. Carried the dog over to the buffet and got the dog a bowl of food. Not a well behaved dog at that.

Does the dog pay the fare and gratuities?

Of course not!

That's the reason these fakers are passing off their pets as service dogs.

They don't want to leave Fido at home & pay costly boarding or pet sitter fees.

And by law, Service Dogs get to travel free. Thus the added attraction to commit fraud.

Post Rated: A++++

Thank you and bon voyage

Maybe not .....

A barking dog certainly generates a fear. Passengers have a right not to have fear created without reasonable cause.

In my opinion, the barking dog should without exception have been placed in a secured environment. A barking dog

exhibits aggression and we have al read of the results of aggression where people are mauled to death. Even a small dog can conceivably create serious wounds.

No question, quarantine the dog. If the owner excessively

objects, quarantine the owner too...(humor sorry)

Just an old man....

It appears that these are the same cruisers who on and on bring their dogs on board. One admitted to me that her dog would be lonely in a kennel in Florida so she takes the dog on the cruise. That is not a service dog despite the dog wearing a jacket with those words. It reminds me of people I know (sadly) who use a parent's handicapped plate to get a close spot when they go shopping with no parent in the car.

It appears that these are the same cruisers who on and on bring their dogs on board. One admitted to me that her dog would be lonely in a kennel in Florida so she takes the dog on the cruise. That is not a service dog despite the dog wearing a jacket with those words. It reminds me of people I know (sadly) who use a parent's handicapped plate to get a close spot when they go shopping with no parent in the car.

I blame Celebrity for this, they have lawyers who know the law, needs lots of passenger complaints and someone on board from Celebrity to document the dog and owners actions. If they choose to do so.

Or those who get wheelchairs with blue sleeve boarding passes on SW Air to board first without extra charge...Then literally run off the plane first to grab their luggage. Many call it " Lourdes airline " ..miracle cure!

Sad but true...ruins it for those who truly need assistance! Same with abuse of service dog rules....

Or those who get wheelchairs with blue sleeve boarding passes on SW Air to board first without extra charge...Then literally run off the plane first to grab their luggage. Many call it " Lourdes airline " ..miracle cure!

On a flight back from Atlanta on Thursday, there were 8 passengers in wheelchairs "needing assistance" in boarding. There was one attendant taking them down. After the second one was boarded, they started with the regular boarding process. The miracle of Lourdes happened for some of the remaining in wheelchairs. They got up and walked down the ramp.

On a past SWA flight, I paid extra for Business Select to be one of the first on the plane. I was #1. Two of the passengers needing assistance were seated in the emergency row when I went to that row. I did speak up and these two had actually told the flight attendant that they were general boarding. She made them move.

Maybe some service animals, not all but some maybe very protective of the owner. They just don't want anyone near them. I would love to take mine on a cruise but it is not a service animal. But if I could I would stay inside my cabin with the dog. I do take mine everywhere I go that dogs can be allowed to go. And I keep them from people. And they have their tags and shots up to date. Even if people bring their dogs , allowed or not, I like it keeps me from being home sick for mine.....

On a flight back from Atlanta on Thursday, there were 8 passengers in wheelchairs "needing assistance" in boarding. There was one attendant taking them down. After the second one was boarded, they started with the regular boarding process. The miracle of Lourdes happened for some of the remaining in wheelchairs. They got up and walked down the ramp.

On a past SWA flight, I paid extra for Business Select to be one of the first on the plane. I was #1. Two of the passengers needing assistance were seated in the emergency row when I went to that row. I did speak up and these two had actually told the flight attendant that they were general boarding. She made them move.

I recently took my first SWA trip, they created that monster which I saw on my trip. We even had a woman laying on the floor in FLL in between two wheelchairs. She spoke to employees before getting on and some worked her way up to get on first. She laid down across all three seats in the first row and tried to keep those seats. She was told she could not have anymore than one seat in the front row, so went to second row and laid down. Flight was full so she wound up in a single seat anyway but trying to take three seats was really gutsy.

Doubt I will ever fly SWA again.

Not now but if one agrees to pay to bring their well behaved dog as a third, why not? :cool:

(ducking)

1171973_620500481367061_958734704_n-400x300_c.jpg

queen_mary_2_post-15384a.jpg?imgmax=1280

Who is going to decide if they are well behaved, before they get on the ship? It would be nice if everyone was honest, but as we see with all the fake service dogs, they aren't. Edited by NLH Arizona

Who is going to decide if they are well behaved, before they get on the ship? It would be nice if everyone was honest, but as we see with all the fake service dogs, they aren't.

The same rules for passengers conduct would apply to a conduct for four legged paid passengers.

Warnings, fines and They have a jail, add a pound! :halo:

jail-hound-dog-costume.jpg

What happens (who is resonsible) if Fluffy get run over by wheel chair or flattened by a scooter?

Would Fluffy be kept in one of the ship's morgues, or in cold storage n ext to Sushi on Five stock.

Give the owner the choice, and upgrade the in cabin refrigerators to give that option as well. :D

hqdefault.jpg

2 weeks ago coming from Tampa to NY...they had 20 plus wheelchair pax..They asked the ones who could walk the ramp to do so to save time.

When we arrived in NY, they tried to have them all remain seated to wait for their wheelchairs...many tried to flee quickly..no longer needing assistance!

Sad scam..we pay extra for Early Bird, they get 2 front seats and bins for no extra pay...and takes seats from those who really need them..

Fake service animals also shameful but we live in a dishonest world!

• 3 weeks later...

Go DELTA Go Delta Go Delta- Good start in the right direction

Delta flies 250,000 service animals a year. Now the rules are changing

All passengers attempting to board with a service animal will have to show "proof," 48 hours before flying, that the animal is in good health and has been vaccinated. Passengers with emotional support animals must sign a form that the animal is well behaved and won't act aggressively. In addition they have to present a letter prepared and signed by a doctor or licensed mental health professional that certifies they need a comfort pet.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/01/19/news/companies/delta-service-animals/index.html

2 weeks ago coming from Tampa to NY...they had 20 plus wheelchair pax..They asked the ones who could walk the ramp to do so to save time.

When we arrived in NY, they tried to have them all remain seated to wait for their wheelchairs...many tried to flee quickly..no longer needing assistance!

Sad scam..we pay extra for Early Bird, they get 2 front seats and bins for no extra pay...and takes seats from those who really need them..

A new scam on SWA involves someone accompanying an individual in a wheel chair getting priority boarding. Then when the party arrives on the plane, the person accompanying the "handicapped" individual goes and sits in the Emergency Row. I like to point that out to the flight attendants and the person has to move.