Anyone get annoyed waiting for cabin assignment when category is sold out?

Steelers36

You claimed that one can always see their assignment a day or two before sailing in the personalizer.

Another very reliable poster's personal experience was contrary to your claim.

You have sensitized me to fake news, so I quickly notice false claims.

We just booked a Cyber Monday 10 day cruise on Royal Princess over New Years.....it was our first time booking a Guaranteed lowest price balcony with Princess (we always like to pick our fav cabin/s on each ship). Yesterday (2 days later) it appeared in our personalizer and we received an email from Princess informing us that we have been upgraded to a mid-ship mini-suite....SWEET!!

SANTA (Santa Clarita that is) came early for us......THANK YOU Princess!! :halo:

The one thing I have learned about Princess is that booking the cabin you want is not a guarantee that you will be in that cabin at embarkation.

We like interior cabins, low and amidships, and that is what we book. There have now been several cruises where at embarkation where we have found that the cabin has been changed (twice to a balcony, which we don't want or like for our own reasons) or to an interior cabin considered to be an upgrade (not to us).

We have flagged our reservation "no upgrades," but that doesn't always seem to make a difference.

If guarantee cabins have not yet been assigned, Princess may be reassigning all those cabins that people selected to higher types or categories before filling the guarantee cabins to the lower end of the cabin type.

We just booked a Cyber Monday 10 day cruise on Royal Princess over New Years.....it was our first time booking a Guaranteed lowest price balcony with Princess (we always like to pick our fav cabin/s on each ship). Yesterday (2 days later) it appeared in our personalizer and we received an email from Princess informing us that we have been upgraded to a mid-ship mini-suite....SWEET!!

SANTA (Santa Clarita that is) came early for us......THANK YOU Princess!! :halo:

I got a upgrade but not as SWEET as yours!

On a cruise a couple of years ago. We had no cabin assignment the day before we were to fly out. I called and they forgot about us! We had a Balcony Gnty. And we ended up with an Oceanview cabin. The balconies all sold out! Now this was on Celebrity. But ever since that happened I am more stressed if it gets really close to the cruise with no cabin assignment.

On a cruise a couple of years ago. We had no cabin assignment the day before we were to fly out. I called and they forgot about us! We had a Balcony Gnty. And we ended up with an Oceanview cabin. The balconies all sold out! Now this was on Celebrity. But ever since that happened I am more stressed if it gets really close to the cruise with no cabin assignment.

I know this is Princess board, but I hope you got a pile of refund back.

Seems to be lots of good karma when booking lowest cost balcony. Nice one there.

As a CCL shareholder, I hope you are wrong about holding back cabins. I has been my experience that Princess, like airlines anticipates that a certain number of people will cancel at the last minute. Airlines overbook, cruise lines sell guarantee cabins. It's the business plan.