Rooms on Deck 9 of Bliss

fsuhockette

Hi.

We just booked a trip on the Bliss - adjoining rooms on Deck 9 - above Waterfront Dining. Has anyone heard of whether or not thats loud or an annoying spot to be? I did a search but found nothing. We spend a lot of time on our balcony and want it to be peaceful. Thanks!

Hi.

We just booked a trip on the Bliss - adjoining rooms on Deck 9 - above Waterfront Dining. Has anyone heard of whether or not thats loud or an annoying spot to be? I did a search but found nothing. We spend a lot of time on our balcony and want it to be peaceful. Thanks!

LOL. That's a pretty hard question to answer since the ship doesn't exist yet.

Is it though Harvey? Isn't Bliss the same as Escape? Therefore, wouldn't Escape have the same setup with the Waterfront? Thanks for the help... :rolleyes:

Actually no, it's not the same ship. It's closer to the Joy. Have you seen any reviews on the Joy? Were you to ask about the ropes course, or the mini golf, or the sport court. I'd say they are all gone on the Bliss. If ask you about the go cart track, I'd tell you that the carts were slow, and the reviews are bad. If you ask how Food Republic or Pincho's was on the Bliss, I'd tell no one knows since NCL cancelled their contract with those partners, so the food will be different. So, no, no one can tell you what sounds will be like in your cabin. Every ship is different. Sounds travel differently. Have a great cruise.

Edited by CruisinHarvey

Trying to be a little more helpful...

The situation with cabins directly above the Waterfront on deck 9 is likely to be very similar to all other ships since the Breakaway. Not exactly the same, if only because venues themselves are different, but issues are likely to be similar.

I can only be of limited help, as I’ve never stayed in such a room on deck 9. However, from memory of other reports I believe that there isn’t much, if any, problem with noise from the restaurants. However, I do recall people having issues if they are directly above the music venue opposite La Cucina on these ships. I’d certainly want to avoid that sort of area on the Bliss, but as far as I can tell at the moment, I don’t believe that there is a major problem elsewhere.

Trying to be a little more helpful...

The situation with cabins directly above the Waterfront on deck 9 is likely to be very similar to all other ships since the Breakaway. Not exactly the same, if only because venues themselves are different, but issues are likely to be similar.

I can only be of limited help, as I’ve never stayed in such a room on deck 9. However, from memory of other reports I believe that there isn’t much, if any, problem with noise from the restaurants. However, I do recall people having issues if they are directly above the music venue opposite La Cucina on these ships. I’d certainly want to avoid that sort of area on the Bliss, but as far as I can tell at the moment, I don’t believe that there is a major problem elsewhere.

Thank you so much for your helpful and thoughtful response. It's much appreciated!

Not sure what side of the ship your on, but I think its on the starboard side of the Escape where there is allowed smoking on some part of the waterfront. I have read some reviews where people have smelled cigarette smoke from the cabins just above. I have read others where they have not smelled it. Have not heard what is happening for the Bliss concerning smoking but I would use the Escape as a reference. I noticed on 8, there is the cavern club, I would be very leery to have a cabin just above there.

Thank you so much for your helpful and thoughtful response. It's much appreciated!

So smoke from the smoking areas on the waterfront will be a consideration.

Most of your balcony time during the day is when the restaurants are closed. Less noise then. If you are over a bar associated withe a restaurant, it could be noisy.