My great "escape" on the Escape, 10/28/17

poona1

Hi...Though I posted this review on the other review section of cruise critic, I thought its only fair that I post this similar review on the forum for others as well since Cruise Critic was my main source of info for this cruise...I chose this cruise to take advantage of the low price offered immediately after the hurricane season to the western carribean and mexico sadly after the devastation to the eastern carribean islands...some highlights...

- even though sailing was close to november, climate was gorgeous, mid 70's outside and a little cooler inside the ship...

- Out of the 10 or so Norwegian Cruises I have been on, I thought Andre was the best cruise director with his pure honesty and sometimes true to life views that were hilarious...I actually he was better than the legendary Julie...

- shows were top notch, especially the chemistry between the group "The Mercy Boys" and their harmony was so good reflecting mostly british music along with some r&b hits from the us mainland...

--unlike many of the harsh reviews, I thought Brat Pack was great for its 80's teenage saga and nostalgia but be careful there is a scene where they disrobe to their undies..

- After Midnight was great for the tap and rhythm section mostly harlem and jazz music reflecting the roaring 20's of that era

-although I did not eat at dinner in the mdr, food was plentiful and delicious at the buffet during all hours, especially the asian food section...

--i did tip well my room steward who along with other room stewards and the various staff on the ship literally work day and night busting their behinds...

- being platinum latitude member, I got a chance to go beneath the ship into the crew quarters, down the "I95" stretch, backstage of the theatre but most memorable of all are those gigantic machines that clean and fold all the laundry of the entire ship in one go...

---Only Port I got out on was the private island, Harvest Caye...although it was raining, it was still a memorable time...its a beautiful island and NCL really went out their way to add some native and public charm to the island..there are lots of small stores with native goods, chocolates and liquor..then there is the biggest pool I have ever seen with several overhead bridges, waterfalls, a swim up bar and its own two floor restaurant....the beach was not the greatest as the water could be a little more blue but plenty of space to tread in and plenty of chairs to rest...but be careful, one main drawback is that you have to pay for everything here...

-- I had a great time overall and would highly recommend NCL to everyone

--one more thing, don't miss the shows in the atrium...even though they were crowded, they were absolutely hilarious and the high turnout reflected that...

Bye and can't wait to sail the NCL Bliss next!

That was Andre's last trip on the Escape. He moved to the Getaway. He is my favorite by far! And really a nice guy when you talk to him. He makes everything feel fresh...if that makes sense. I am headed back to the Escape in April for a third time. Love that ship!