Koningsdam - Dining questions please :)

jennymaxgirl

Dining on Koningsdam - Is there shrimp cocktail (the larger prawn size) available upon request in the dining room each night? Shrimp cocktail makes the day for my kids on a cruise! That and Caesar salad.

Also wondering if a side of potatoes, garlic mashed or baked style, can be added onto entrees in the dining room? Notice a lot of entrees w/o my much loved potato side.

At lunch time - is a nice Mac n cheese easy to come by in the Lido Marketplace? Been looking at the menus I have found online, but they do seem limited. Makes me wonder if the options are more limited in the buffet than on say a Princess ship.

Lastly - does the dining room have a kids' menu?

Thank you for any advice !! Can't wait to sail in March.

No, shrimp cocktail will not be available upon request each night. The shrimp cocktail with larger shrimp is usually reserved for Gala Nights, and even then, the shrimp are not that large. When we sailed on the K, we requested escargots in the dining room and was told we could not have them.

I would be surprised if you could not get a side of potatoes. They may bring the meal plated as it, so as not to destroy the artistic creation, and the potatoes on a separate plate.

While I have rarely seen Mac & Cheese in the Lido, ( in fairness though, it isn't something I would be seeking on a cruise ship) it is available on the kids menu from room service. So you should have no problem getting it. Just order extra for an adult serving.

Yes, the dining room has a kids menu.

I've not been on the Koningsdam yet but I have requested a standing order of shrimp cocktail on other ships before. Just ask your dining steward to see if it's possible. He will have to check with his superior but they will accommodate your request, if they can. I will add that it has been some time since I made the special order so it's possible that things have changed since then. I got "shrimped" out on that cruise and now only enjoy it when it is offered.;)

For a while (a few years ago) HAL was changing for the shrimp cocktail on nights when it was not on the menu. Dob't know if that is still happening.

First ask if you can get shrimp cocktails each night and then ask if there is a fee.

Yes -- there is a children's menu for dinner in the main dining room. I'll see if I still have a copy.

Children’s Menu

Supper Duper Fresh Fruit - Should probably read Super Duper, but the menu says Supper Duper -- an orange shell filled with tropical fruit.

C & C Crazy Dippers - Carrots and Celery sticks with yogurt ranch

Dutch Fun Fair Frites -- fresh hot potato fries served in a paper cup and served with ketchup and mayonnaise

Cheesey Caesar -- crisp lettuce, Parmesan cheese, Caesar dressing, crunchy crouton -- you can ask for grilled chicken on top

Grandma's Chicken Noodle Soup --chicken noodle soup served in a rich broth

Soup of the Day

3-2-1 Pasta -- spaghetti served with a choice of marinara, meat or creamy alfredo sauce, topped with Parmesan cheese and served with crispy garlic toast

Home Run Sliders --build your own burger combination. Choose from veggie, turkey or ground beef sliders served with lettuce, tomato and pickle slices

Chicken Clucks - breaded chicken strips with dipping sauce and your choice of All Mixed Up Salad or Fun Fair Frites

Gobble Gobble Wrap - fresh turkey, lettuce and tomato wrapped up and served with either Fun Fair Frites or Super Duper Fresh Fruit

Piece of Pizza -- choice of cheese, vegetable or pepperoni pizza

Very Yummy Veggie Dumplings --vegetable stuffed dumplings pan fried or steamed and served with vegetable fried rice

Capt'n's Favorite Fish -- oven baked fish served with sticky rice or an All Mixed Up SaladJunior Cucumber Bites --kid size sushi bites made with cucumber, avocado and sticky rice

Thank you so much! This is very helpful :)

Children’s Menu

Supper Duper Fresh Fruit - Should probably read Super Duper, but the menu says Supper Duper -- an orange shell filled with tropical fruit.

C & C Crazy Dippers - Carrots and Celery sticks with yogurt ranch

Dutch Fun Fair Frites -- fresh hot potato fries served in a paper cup and served with ketchup and mayonnaise

Cheesey Caesar -- crisp lettuce, Parmesan cheese, Caesar dressing, crunchy crouton -- you can ask for grilled chicken on top

Grandma's Chicken Noodle Soup --chicken noodle soup served in a rich broth

Soup of the Day

3-2-1 Pasta -- spaghetti served with a choice of marinara, meat or creamy alfredo sauce, topped with Parmesan cheese and served with crispy garlic toast

Home Run Sliders --build your own burger combination. Choose from veggie, turkey or ground beef sliders served with lettuce, tomato and pickle slices

Chicken Clucks - breaded chicken strips with dipping sauce and your choice of All Mixed Up Salad or Fun Fair Frites

Gobble Gobble Wrap - fresh turkey, lettuce and tomato wrapped up and served with either Fun Fair Frites or Super Duper Fresh Fruit

Piece of Pizza -- choice of cheese, vegetable or pepperoni pizza

Very Yummy Veggie Dumplings --vegetable stuffed dumplings pan fried or steamed and served with vegetable fried rice

Capt'n's Favorite Fish -- oven baked fish served with sticky rice or an All Mixed Up SaladJunior Cucumber Bites --kid size sushi bites made with cucumber, avocado and sticky rice

I have found that you can request a baked potato at most meals. Thanks for the children's menu. I have never seen one, but then there was no need for one at my table. They offer some nice choices.