POV ride on the Green Thunder onboard the Carnival Spirit

mattson

After a recent trip on the Carnival Spirit - I took some footage which I thought had been lost from a computer crash and made it into this cool little video of the fun times one can have on the Green Thunder.

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

I hope you find it fun and enjoyable... and maybe even a little bit helpful in deciding whether you should go on it or not ;)

Cheers,

Matt

Here is what the Green Thunder onboard the Carnival Legend :

Thanks for sharing - was wondering if they were the same, but it doesn't look as though the Legend Green Thunder is as fast... (comparing the splash at the end vs when I did it and coming half way out the return chute...)

Cheers :)

4ZbVUf0EEfM

Ahh with Kiwi-cruisers post I figured out where my Green Thunder youtube link went wrong, the link can only contain the youtube code, not the full url - I'd edit it - but it doesn't look I can... weird...

Anyways... still a fun ride - highly recommended

Here is what the Green Thunder onboard the Carnival Legend :

Thanks for sharing - was wondering if they were the same, but it doesn't look as though the Legend Green Thunder is as fast... (comparing the splash at the end vs when I did it and coming half way out the return chute...)

Cheers :)

I don't think I was going down very fast!!

I don't think I was going down very fast!!

Yeah - I counted your fall time to splash down at about 10 seconds, and then mine at 6 seconds...

So I'm either a bit more slippery - or there is a difference in the drop angle or something like that, if anything I'd think my giant nose would create drag through the air... ;)

I wounder if weight or surface area has anything to do with the speeds.

I was thinking similar - I was about 90kg during that cruise and I did the 3 points of contact method they use on the slides at wet-n-wild - e.g. shoulders, bum and ankles - I made sure to arch my back so it didn't drag and I was able to keep my legs off the ground by crossing one at my ankles...

the boys in my group gauged our speed by how far we travelled on the escape chute... the biggest member of our group managed to get within 2m of the end of the tube, I barely made it past the handrail in the middle...

#greenthunderscience

I was thinking similar - I was about 90kg during that cruise and I did the 3 points of contact method they use on the slides at wet-n-wild - e.g. shoulders, bum and ankles - I made sure to arch my back so it didn't drag and I was able to keep my legs off the ground by crossing one at my ankles...

the boys in my group gauged our speed by how far we travelled on the escape chute... the biggest member of our group managed to get within 2m of the end of the tube, I barely made it past the handrail in the middle...

#greenthunderscience

That is what I do as well, I wonder how far I would get.